MuffinMan

Mamma! Mia: Here! We! Go! Again! | July 20, 2018 | Universal | Ol Parker to write and direct | Greatest Title of All Time? Yes.

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Let's also ignore that Mamma Mia has already been on Pulse top 5 and Equalizer hasn't.

Mamma Mia! isn't in the top 5 rn :ph34r: I also expect this to be more frontloaded than The Equalizer on its OW.

Edited by WrathOfHan

26 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

On Pulse, it's running 80% ahead of Soldado (34.2M) and doing 2.4x what Skyscraper was (59.8M). Considering Soldado has shitty WOM affecting it, I have a hard time seeing The Equalizer open under 35M. I also expect it to be less presales based, but we'll see.

It a sequel, it should be way more pre-sales than Skyscraper and maybe a bit less than Soldado (we can expect better internal hold with better word of mouth).

Not a lot of denzel franchise movie to look at, Mag 7 being pretty much is only one, no sequel before. Easy to imagine the movie making a weaker multi than Mag7 but still going over 90m, needing a 37-40m type debut for that.

Last 24 hours Fandango sales:

Hotel Tr 13152
Ant-Man  10701
Skyscrap 5981
Incredib 5709
Jurassic 4897
MammaMi 4246
The Firs 3441
The Equa 1618
Sorry to 1522

Mamma mia should be much more pre-sales and previews driven, it is a much much more hyped fan based affair, but it is running at a 2.6:1 sales ratio.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Barnack said:

It a sequel, it should be way more pre-sales than Skyscraper and maybe a bit less than Soldado (we can expect better internal hold with better word of mouth).

Not a lot of denzel franchise movie to look at, Mag 7 being pretty much is ony one, no sequel before. Easy to imagine the movie making a weaker multi than Mag7 but still going over 90m, needing a 37-40m type debut for that.

Last 24 hours Fandango sales:

Hotel Tr 13152
Ant-Man  10701
Skyscrap 5981
Incredib 5709
Jurassic 4897
MammaMi 4246
The Firs 3441
The Equa 1618
Sorry to 1522

Mamma mia should be much more pre-sales and previews driven, it is a much much more hyped fan based affair, but it is running at a 2.6:1 sales ratio.

🤔

• Haha 1

Mama Mia's gonna do something crazy like 4.5-5M previews, but will end up with around 35-41 for the weekend I think. Equalizer will be more stable throughout the weekend, with maybe 3M previews and around 30 for the weekend. 

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

Mama Mia's gonna do something crazy like 4.5-5M previews, but will end up with around 35-41 for the weekend I think. Equalizer will be more stable throughout the weekend, with maybe 3M previews and around 30 for the weekend. 

The multiplier probably won't be that frontloaded considering how old this is gonna skew for the most part. I'm thinking a multiplier similar to Ocean's 8 (which $4M in previews plus $11.8M for Friday for an entire weekend of $41.6M).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Pandamia! said:

Mom’s don’t necessarily frontloaded.  This is mom movie, mom movie has good multi.

examples? i can't find the numbers for the first one

Edited by Alli

omg i just realized MM 1 was released 10 years ago. I thought it was newer. and it adjusts to 183M.  with the good reviews it got, i wouldn't be surprised if this one doesn't do at least 230M.

Edited by Alli

5 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Btw, does anyone know how the first one's overseas sum adjusts with today's ticket price and exchange rates into account?

Adjusting oversea box office in ticket price/individual market exchange rate change must be not too easy to do, that thread is a good resource to do it too, @Jason made a lot of work on this subject, with a lot of market having a 2007-2009 ticket price :

• Like 3