MuffinMan

Mamma! Mia: Here! We! Go! Again! | July 20, 2018 | Universal | Ol Parker to write and direct | Greatest Title of All Time? Yes.

I remember watching this with my grandmother (who is pretty conservative) for god knows what reason (I think it was her birthday or something?) and she said she loved it but she didn't understand the plot line. She thought the mom was just pretending she didn't know who her father was and that she knew it was pierce Brosnan's character all along lol. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ban1o said:

I remember watching this with my grandmother (who is pretty conservative) for god knows what reason (I think it was her birthday or something?) and she said she loved it but she didn't understand the plot line. She thought the mom was just pretending she didn't know who her father was and that she knew it was pierce Brosnan's character all along lol. 

I've never seen Mamma Mia, what's so "liberal" about it?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jandrew said:

I've never seen Mamma Mia, what's so "liberal" about it?

lol there's nothing liberal at all about it. By conservative I meant she only watches Christian movies or Nigerian movies she would be completely put off by the story line of a mother not knowing the identity of her daughters father because she slept with them all around the same time haha. I forget why I even went to see it with her lol. She loved it though. 

Edited by ban1o
  • Like 1

I feel like the performance of this is gonna make or break Disney's decision to actually go ahead with Enchanted 2 (if they don't put it into production before then), in the same way the bombing of Inferno most likely caused them to pull the plug on National Treasure 3.

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I feel like the performance of this is gonna make or break Disney's decision to actually go ahead with Enchanted 2 (if they don't put it into production before then), in the same way the bombing of Inferno most likely caused them to pull the plug on National Treasure 3.

Uh? Mammia Mia was way bigger than

Enchanted. Also NT3 seemed to be dead even before Inferno

13 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

This will drop hard domestically. WHO asked for this?

OS markets. It is gonna make a fuck ton of cash again. This is Bridget Jones all over again.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jonwo said:

The first film cost $52m so I'd say it'll be in that ballpark or maybe less. 

Universal are apparently doing another Johnny English as well, they're really trawling through their backcatalogue for potential sequels.

It's easy money, I don't blame them

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, franfar said:

The JE movies cost 40 and 45m, respectively. And they do well OS. Easy money

True, I imagine Universal would rather greenlight another Mr Bean movie but Rowan Atkinson isn't interested. 

I wonder if Universal will bother with a US release. I imagine it'll be dumped in late October if it is.

Edited by Jonwo
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

True, I imagine Universal would rather greenlight another Mr Bean movie but Rowan Atkinson isn't interested. 

Yeah, those had bigger ROIs. First movie cost 18m and made 250m, second cost 25m and made 225m. And I can't imagine the movies being that hard to make.

But I can understand if Atkinson doesn't want to get typecasted in that role.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aabattery said:

I'm struggling to think of sequel title that wouldn't be improved if you changed it this one's format.

Star Wars: Here We Go Again!

Terminator: Here We Go Again!

Iron Man: Here We Go Again!

Spider-Man: Here We Go Again!

etc etc

They all work. They all improve on the actual title.

Hunt For The Wilderpeople: Here We Go Again 

There Will Be Blood: Here We Go Again