MuffinMan

Mamma! Mia: Here! We! Go! Again! | July 20, 2018 | Universal | Ol Parker to write and direct | Greatest Title of All Time? Yes.

Just now, Jonwo said:

It's so rare to see any tobacco ads on television, it's kind of weird! 

Technically, they are not hawking chewing tobacco, they are just hawking a mouth freshener which happens to have the same name as the tobacco brand and the same packaging and the same manufacturer. You see, completely different.

27 minutes ago, aabattery said:

I'm struggling to think of sequel title that wouldn't be improved if you changed it this one's format.

Star Wars: Here We Go Again!

Terminator: Here We Go Again!

Iron Man: Here We Go Again!

Spider-Man: Here We Go Again!

etc etc

They all work. They all improve on the actual title.

Change Geostorm to The Day After Tomorrow: Here We Go Again! and maybe the forum will actually have more faith in it.

• Like 1

Just now, jandrew said:

Change Geostorm to The Day After Tomorrow: Here We Go Again! and maybe the forum will actually have more faith in it.

Maybe it could have saved ID:R as well.

Independence Day: Here We Go Again!

I literally cannot find a sequel that it doesn't work for.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, John Marston said:

did this movie destroy Brosnan's career? He has only been in crap after it. 

Most if it's been tripe, but he works constantly.  He's one of those veteran actors that seemingly will work in anything if it means work even if he doesn't need to work financially.  

After Mamma Mia among the dross he's had The Ghostwriter and Love Is All You Need  (one great, one very good). 

Looking at his IMDB - he's on AMC in the western series The Son now and is working on the next Jim Sheridan film H-Block with Cillian Murphy , Webber's The Medusa with Redgrave & Eisenberg is in Marc Webbs Only Living Boy in NY  with Bridges & Beckinsale... and Campbell's The Foreigner with Jackie Chan.... and some other crap with Dave Bautista while making some other film, Spinning Man with Guy Pierce right now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aabattery said:

Hmm..what about that Chris Evans movie Before We Go?

Before We Go: Here We Go Again! ?

Nah, that works too.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, aabattery said:

2 Fast 2 Furious is still unbeatable

• Like 5

I like that this movie is completely outside of BOT's safety zone (aka comic book movies) and is coming up on 3 pages less than two after it was created. Definitely gonna be a fun box office run to watch, even if it's mostly to see how much it falls from the first one.

• Like 1

So this is scheduled to come out almost exactly a decade after the first one (July 18, 2008).

I mean, it's coming out in a competitive time (Wikipedia hasn't updated it yet)

O2m5N5h.png

So families would be poached (or not, I don't know if the original really appealed to families). Idk, being the only musical until A Star is Born could work in it's favor. I could see it pulling off a "surprise" relative to this forum's expectations. We'll see, I'm interested to see how this ends up.

Since they used 15-16 of their greatest hits (from "ABBA Gold") I think they have to look at Björn and Benny's other work.
There were like three hits from CHESS musical.
They had an enormous hit here in sweden with "DU ÄR IN MAN" 
And then there is this song called "THE DAY BEFORE YOU CAME" which might be the greatest pop song ever; musically it's minimalism at its finest; lyrically it's full of gaps and strong (and at the same time vague) pictory, 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HnOFwqpLRQ

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I like that this movie is completely outside of BOT's safety zone (aka comic book movies) and is coming up on 3 pages less than two after it was created. Definitely gonna be a fun box office run to watch, even if it's mostly to see how much it falls from the first one.

Has nothing to do with this being popular source material, we've just been fucking with the title for an entire page. @aabattery

• Like 2