MuffinMan

Mamma! Mia: Here! We! Go! Again! | July 20, 2018 | Universal | Ol Parker to write and direct | Greatest Title of All Time? Yes.

They have no hits left to use! Omg... They Will have to reuse at least 75% of the music from the first one... and then throw in the likes of "thank you for the music" "knowing me knowing you" and "fernando". What left is are their best songs "the day before you came" and "as good as jew"... 

On 5/19/2017 at 6:25 PM, Jonwo said:

It'll be lucky to do half of the first, maybe less. It's My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 all over again.

True. 

My wife and I really liked MBFGW2, sad to see more of the original films audience didn't come out for it. Some drop was expected, the bottom falling out, not so much. 

3 hours ago, Kingp0va said:

she hasnt been a BO draw since 2009 sweetie

That feel just wrong, she was still getting 5m in advance + points for a movie for a reason.

Iron Lady went over 100m, August over 50m (not that far from Fences)

Awareness Metric in 2014:

Australia 0.888241011
Brazil 0.919242273
France 0.8444666
Germany 0.843156843
Italy 0.93731919
Japan 0.561072493
Korea 0.660831034
Mexico 0.834160874
Russia 0.796731981
Spain 0.898
UK 0.914427861
Int'l Average 0.827059105

Her awareness and popularity among woman over 25 worldwide is just nuts, 91.8% and 78% that is all time elite

http://www.theharrispoll.com/health-and-life/The_Equalizer_Knows_No_Equal__Denzel_Washington_is_America___s_Favorite_Movie_Star.html

In 2009 streep was number 8 most favorite movie star among american adults, in 2012 she was number 9, 2013 she was still number 9, 2014 up at number 7.

Put her a good movie that appeal to older people (woman in particular) with a wide release and a 35m P&A and she will move the box office needle, put her in a successful award release platform release and she will also move the needle.

People do not get excited with those legends with hundreds of movies just because they have any movie out (look at Tom Hanks Inferno, The Circle or A Hologram for the King) but they will be a big draw from time to time (Hanks in Sully).

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1