Join our Telegram group by clicking the following link:

https://t.me/joinchat/BDsV7QrWB2ogzJ811S043A

You can get Telegram by downloading the app and creating an account using your phone number. You can then change your username to your forum name.

MuffinMan

Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again! | July 20, 2018 | Universal | Ol Parker to write and direct

Ten years after MAMMA MIA! THE MOVIE grossed more than $600 million around the world, you are invited to return to the magical Greek island of Kalokairi in an all-new original musical based on the songs of ABBA. With the film’s original cast expected to return and new additions joining them, MAMMA MIA: HERE WE GO AGAIN! will delight audiences when it opens on July 20, 2018.

With a soundtrack full of ABBA songs not featured in the first film–along with some reprised favorites–MAMMA MIA: HERE WE GO AGAIN! once more brings the producers of the original film, Littlestar’s Judy Craymer and Playtone’s Gary Goetzman, together. Craymer is also the creator and producer of the smash-hit stage musical. Ol Parker, writer of The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, writes and directs. Benny Andersson and Björn Ulvaeus are aboard again to provide music and lyrics and serve as executive producers.

http://www.thewrap.com/universal-sets-mamma-mia-sequel-2018-go/

Edited by MuffinMan

It'll be lucky to do half of the first, maybe less. It's My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 all over again.

• Like 1

Wonder if Brosnan's singing has improved in the past 10 years

• Like 1

This will likely make less than half of the first film domestically considering how long it's been but it's probably being made just for overseas audiences anyway (where it will make a killing).

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

Wonder if Brosnan's singing has improved in the past 10 years

did this movie destroy Brosnan's career? He has only been in crap after it. 

Just now, filmlover said:

This will likely make less than half of the first film domestically considering how long it's been but it's probably being made just for overseas audiences anyway (where it will make a killing).

Mamma Mia was the highest grossing movie of all time in the UK till Avatar took that record. Its one of those weird box office factoids which always seems like a joke.

• Like 1

Just now, filmlover said:

Just like Bridget Jones's Baby.

I wonder if Meryl will be involved considering she's filming The Post at the moment. 

So this is actually happening. I'm curious as to how much the bigger stars (Streep, Brosnan, Seyfried, and Firth) will be paid. Movie should be relatively inexpensive, though.

I can see it doing over half the original DOM, but not much more. Maybe like 85m at best. It'll rake it in OS though.

I'm struggling to think of sequel title that wouldn't be improved if you changed it this one's format.

Star Wars: Here We Go Again!

Terminator: Here We Go Again!

Iron Man: Here We Go Again!

Spider-Man: Here We Go Again!

etc etc

They all work. They all improve on the actual title.

Edited by aabattery
  • Like 11

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

did this movie destroy Brosnan's career? He has only been in crap after it. 

His Razzie win for the first movie was such a joke. Especially when he was fine in the non-singing scenes.

• Like 2

Just now, franfar said:

So this is actually happening. I'm curious as to how much the bigger stars (Streep, Brosnan, Seyfried, and Firth) will be paid. Movie should be relatively inexpensive, though.

The first film cost $52m so I'd say it'll be in that ballpark or maybe less. 

Universal are apparently doing another Johnny English as well, they're really trawling through their backcatalogue for potential sequels.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

The first film cost $52m so I'd say it'll be in that ballpark or maybe less. 

Universal are apparently doing another Johnny English as well, they're really trawling through their backcatalogue for potential sequels.

Universal is doing ing pretty well right now. I'm guessing they are thinking "we can make thee for cheap, so why not?"

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

His Razzie win for the first movie was such a joke. Especially when he was fine in the non-singing scenes.

Seriously did Brosnan piss someone off? Did he do something bad? Why has he been in cheap crap for the last decade pretty much? I must know!

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Seriously did Brosnan piss someone off? Did he do something bad? Why has he been in cheap crap for the last decade pretty much? I must know!

He was in this ad in 2013:

So I'd say he's doing pretty well for himself. Also you'll never guess who directed this ad.

7 minutes ago, aabattery said:

I'm struggling to think of sequel title that wouldn't be improved if you changed it this one's format.

Star Wars: Here We Go Again!

Terminator: Here We Go Again!

Iron Man: Here We Go Again!

etc etc

They all work. They all improve on the actual title.

Sex Tape: Here We Go Again!

The Assasination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford: Here We Go Again!

Precious: Base on Nol by Saf (Based on the Novel "Push" by Sapphire): Here We Go Again!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, aabattery said:

He was in this ad in 2013:

So I'd say he's doing pretty well for himself. Also you'll never guess who directed this ad.

Ooohhh, Pierce Brosnan ads aren't complete without this chewing tobacco ad he did in India last year.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Ooohhh, Pierce Brosnan ads aren't complete without this chewing tobacco ad he did in India last year.

It's so rare to see any tobacco ads on television, it's kind of weird!