Jump to content
Telemachos

Wonder Woman OVER Spider-Man 1 (domestic) | GLORIOUS VICTORY

Recommended Posts

I'm more stoked for Flashpoint than JL.

 

I want to see bad Wonder Woman fight bad Aquaman.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AndyK said:

I'm more stoked for Flashpoint than JL.

 

I want to see bad Wonder Woman fight bad Aquaman.

I think you will be disappointed. I think it will be flashpoint only by name and few basic points. Wondy is too big of a cash cow now for WB to tarnish it so soon.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

I think you will be disappointed. I think it will be flashpoint only by name and few basic points. Wondy is too big of a cash cow now for WB to tarnish it so soon.

 

Outside her solo movies, shes fair game for anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AndyK said:

 

Outside her solo movies, shes fair game for anything.

Not for WB. Her merchandising is predicted to rise upto $1 billion this year. WB will not risk make her a asshole, let alone a psychopath.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

Not for WB. Her merchandising is predicted to rise upto $1 billion this year. WB will not risk make her a asshole, let alone a psychopath.

Absolutely.

Is Flashpoint the story in which Wondy used her lasso as a noose to kill Steve Trevor (and decapitated Mera)?

Yeah, that will go over great with audiences who cheered for Wonder Woman's benevolent, kind spirit in her solo film.

Edited by Cochofles
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

Not for WB. Her merchandising is predicted to rise upto $1 billion this year. WB will not risk make her a asshole, let alone a psychopath.

" Her merchandising is predicted to rise upto $1 billion this year."   May I know the source? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL

WNTTAK is still trying to doubt/undersell all things Wonder Woman? How did his 130-domestic-total for the movie turn out? :rofl:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

I think you will be disappointed. I think it will be flashpoint only by name and few basic points. Wondy is too big of a cash cow now for WB to tarnish it so soon.

how about never?

 

anyway, imo, DC's rogues gallery is so rich that the flashpoint storyline doesn't quite make sense especially in cinematic universe. Let both heroes and villains shine as they ought to in DCEU.   

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hitting Bluray and DVD on September 19, so it should stay in theaters until at least the weekend before. 

 

The digital release will probably be the first week of September.

Edited by Chaz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hitting Bluray and DVD on September 19, so it should stay in theaters until at least the weekend before.


The digital release will probably be the first week of September.


That's a rumor.

WB still hasn't announced a release date yet for the home video. Edited by Mojoguy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best 9th Weekends for Live Action Comic Book Movies

 

Title (Year) — Ninth Weekend Gross (Drop from Eight Weekend)

  1. Marvel’s The Avengers (2012) — 4.42 million (-38.4%)
  2. The Dark Knight (2008) — 4.13 million (-25.1%)
  3. Guardians of the Galaxy (2014) — 3.77 million (-28.2%)
  4. Wonder Woman (2017) — 3.54 million (-23.2%)
  5. Spider-Man (2002) — 3.13 million (-31.3%)
  6. Men in Black (1997) — 2.58 million (-10.5%)^
  7. Iron Man (2008) — 2.26 million (-44.0%)
  8. The Dark Knight Rises (2012) — 2.18 million (-32.2%)

^ Labour Day Weekend

 

Wonder Woman has crucially maintained a daily lead over Spider-Man, and this weekend (with estimates) it solidly outgrosses Spidey (after narrowly outgrossing it last weekend).

 

Their domestic totals after 59 days are very close:

Spider-Man: $395.87 million

Wonder Woman: $395.44 million

 

As mentioned before, the coming weekdays and next weekend are tough, because Spider-Man had strong holds, benefitting from the July 4th holiday week, but Wonder Woman held so well this week, that who knows - she could very well hold her own again against Spidey. We'll see. Wonder Woman managed to retain most of her theatres this weekend - she may not be so lucky next weekend.

 

Peace,

Mike

Edited by MikeQ
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mojoguy said:

 


That's a rumor.

WB still hasn't announced a release date yet for the home video.

And many films have came out on bluray and still played in theaters for weeks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mojoguy said:

 


That's a rumor.

WB still hasn't announced a release date yet for the home video.

Amazon leaked the date.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Cochofles said:

Absolutely.

Is Flashpoint the story in which Wondy used her lasso as a noose to kill Steve Trevor (and decapitated Mera)?

Yeah, that will go over great with audiences who cheered for Wonder Woman's benevolent, kind spirit in her solo film.

Yep.She also slaughtered a bunch of orphan kids.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The key word "Flashpoint", it's not "Justice League: Flashpoint Paradox", it may be strictly just about The Flash and his rouge galleries, it may not have any Justice League members in the movie. People seems to think about the movie as "Justice League: Flashpoint Paradox", the closest thing to the movie is maybe what they did on the TV show, some minor changes not changes the whole universe otherwise they might as well call it "Justice League: Flashpoint Paradox" not just "Flashpoint", it would turn into Justice League 2 not The Flash movie anymore. People should expect that it will be vastly different from the comic counterpart, it will be an adaptation of the storyline, moreover "Justice League: Flashpoint Paradox" story didn't fit the current DCEU.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amazon leaked the date.


Or it's just a mistake. It's only listed that date for the 3D version, but the other regular Bluray version and statue version still doesn't have a date yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, MisterT said:

The key word "Flashpoint", it's not "Justice League: Flashpoint Paradox", it may be strictly just about The Flash and his rouge galleries, it may not have any Justice League members in the movie. People seems to think about the movie as "Justice League: Flashpoint Paradox", the closest thing to the movie is maybe what they did on the TV show, some minor changes not changes the whole universe otherwise they might as well call it "Justice League: Flashpoint Paradox" not just "Flashpoint", it would turn into Justice League 2 not The Flash movie anymore. People should expect that it will be vastly different from the comic counterpart, it will be an adaptation of the storyline, moreover "Justice League: Flashpoint Paradox" story didn't fit the current DCEU.

I think it sounds cool, but I'm not sure how I feel about it as Flash's first ever movie. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

" Her merchandising is predicted to rise upto $1 billion this year."   May I know the source? 

Diane Nelson, President of DC Entertainment, WB Interactive Entertainment (video games) and overseer of WB Consumer Products division is a HUGE Wonder Woman fan. 

 

It is not suprising the push the character is getting in the last few years in comics/games/movies. One of the decision makers at Warner Bros is a fan.

 

As woman this makes me very happy. One of the many lessons of the comercial and  critial of sucess Wonder Woman should be to empower women at the high executive level at these multinational companies so that female characters do get the opportunity to shine.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Estimates have it at $399.51 after this weekend, likely to hit $400M on Tuesday. It should be able to pick up the remaining 3.7+ within a week and a half to two weeks, no?

 

That much-discussed Labor Day expansion should be all about getting it to 4x.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.