Eric Atreides

WEEKEND THREAD | 3-DAY ESTIMATES: Pirates - 62M ; Baywatch - 18M; Alien - 10.5M (71% drop) like. F8 crosses 1B OS.

1 minute ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Anya Taylor Joy won rising star at Cannes. :wub: This girl will have a bright future.

Agreed.

Edited by The Futurist

24 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

POTC5 doesn't seem frontloaded like some people judging based on previews alone.

It's actually a pretty decent number, if it stays in the high end or grow a little (hard but possible since it's still early), still can debut with + $90m (4 day) and finish with + $200m total.

I'll wait for more accurate numbers, but right now i think it can do at least $ 80m in 4 days for a finish around $ 180m.

OS thursday numbers are also good, except for Australia. UK i think it will gross less than expected because of the Manchester accident, but could have better legs also.

Yes, maybe it's not that frontloaded. It holds well at MT (47% now; I'm sorry that I mention MT so often but living in Europe I don't have any other „sources“ than this and the forum here). PotC5 could have a fine evening. Alien:Covenant already had lost some percentages at MT to that time (from 35% to 32%).

What happened to that thread some sites before? ;)

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

It's Can't Stop the Feeling except good. God bless Leap! for exsisting

She's easily (one of) the most acclaimed pop girls of this decade, I'll never understand how she never became a big name, EMOTION is a pure jam.

Edited by Mockingjay Raphael
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, elcaballero said:

It'll have been a month since the last big "event" film. 

But these are all event films for fans of the franchises (Alien, POTC). We'll see if Wonder Woman draws this massive crowd to it. Definitely has a chance and super hero fare have an easier shot of it nowadays due to the fandom surrounding those characters.

I know plenty here do but I don't consider that a big event film. Reviews could change that if they are overly positive though.

Spider-Man is probably the next one due to Iron Man...and even then I'm cautious due to this being another reboot but the hype seems really high there and Iron Man always sells.

• Like 1

I did enjoy Pirates 5, but I kind of hope it is the last one-if there is a part 6 I think Depp should be supporting instead of a lead. (I wouldn't mind a part 6, I just felt it wrapped it up nicely.)
LOL@at how much Babewatch is doing.

• Like 2