Eric Atreides

WEEKEND THREAD | 3-DAY ESTIMATES: Pirates - 62M ; Baywatch - 18M; Alien - 10.5M (71% drop) like. F8 crosses 1B OS.

51 minutes ago, The Panda of the Caribbean said:

You can check the review the movie thread for some discussion, post your thoughts on the movie?

We have a smaller base than IMDb and our main focus is on Box Office.  So you won't see a lot of in specific forums for each movie.

If you want a place to lurk for in-depth movie discussion beyond this forum you could try Goldderby, Letterboxd, or maybe the RT forums?

I've been here since 2011 (I think? Started lurking around the time the first Amazing Spider Man came out).

The closest place to IMDB, I've found to be is /r/movies.

It's just not the same though. If IMDB was still open, more people would be talking about IT for example and those screenings that took place a few weeks ago. 

But I still use the review that movie thread, it's just not as active as IMDB ever was.

1 hour ago, Travod said:

You won't find too many people here who liked IMDb, but I miss it so much. The "replacement" (Movie-Awards-Redux) is dead.

Yeah I know. I've read a lot of thoughts here that some think it was just trolls and it really wasn't. It was part of the whole movie going experience for so long especially when Summer rolled around.

A- cinemascore for Pirates is about what I expected and is actually the same as Dead Mens Chest and At Worlds End. I know many say Cinemascore isn't reliable and they are mostly right but sometimes it can prove to be helpful as seen with Alien: Covenant.

Baywatch scored higher then I thought it would. If it was C+ or C it would be dead in the water.

Cool to see rth return too.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, babz06 said:

Baywatch is one of the Dwayne Johnson rare misses. I guess this proves Kevin Hart was really pulling his weight. No one is here for Zac Efron.

Kevin Hart have good opening weekend for is stand-up show playing in theater, him all alone. He was one of the most proven box office draw.

5 minutes ago, picores said:

400m not dead for Guardians ...:sparta:

With Wonder Woman next week, it likely is dead. Unless the buzz around WW is a total smoke screen and the movie is a disaster, then 400m would still be possible.