Eric!

WEEKEND THREAD | 3-DAY ESTIMATES: Pirates - 62M ; Baywatch - 18M; Alien - 10.5M (71% drop) like. F8 crosses 1B OS.

3 minutes ago, druv10 said:

With this hold 400M is still alive. Legs have been very good from the beginning.

Next week it will be hit hard. I dont see how 400m will happen. This week there is some boost with dual features with Pirates. Next week even drive ins will be taken over by  Wonder Woman. I would say 55-60% post memorial weekend drop will happen.

Just now, grim22 said:

66% drop for Covenant??? :ohmygod: 

Is this really a shock 

8 minutes ago, Rth neutral said:

Fri looking 

POTC2 22.6,BW 5.6,GOTG2 4.9

He's home

WXsFEO1.gif

• Like 18

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

66% drop for Covenant??? :ohmygod: 

It's going to lose theaters even faster than Godzilla now, so even a $75M finish domestically will be a challenge if Deadline's projection holds.

• Like 1

Baywatch is one of the Dwayne Johnson rare misses. I guess this proves Kevin Hart was really pulling his weight. No one is here for Zac Efron.

• Like 2

With this kind of drop, yes Covenant is definitely going to be the last Alien movie in a while.

Of guardian follows previous weekends and increases at the end of the weekend from this estimates, that would be crazy.

51 minutes ago, The Panda of the Caribbean said:

You can check the review the movie thread for some discussion, post your thoughts on the movie?

We have a smaller base than IMDb and our main focus is on Box Office.  So you won't see a lot of in specific forums for each movie.

If you want a place to lurk for in-depth movie discussion beyond this forum you could try Goldderby, Letterboxd, or maybe the RT forums?

I've been here since 2011 (I think? Started lurking around the time the first Amazing Spider Man came out).

The closest place to IMDB, I've found to be is /r/movies.

It's just not the same though. If IMDB was still open, more people would be talking about IT for example and those screenings that took place a few weeks ago. 

But I still use the review that movie thread, it's just not as active as IMDB ever was.

1 hour ago, Travod said:

You won't find too many people here who liked IMDb, but I miss it so much. The "replacement" (Movie-Awards-Redux) is dead.

Yeah I know. I've read a lot of thoughts here that some think it was just trolls and it really wasn't. It was part of the whole movie going experience for so long especially when Summer rolled around.

A- cinemascore for Pirates is about what I expected and is actually the same as Dead Mens Chest and At Worlds End. I know many say Cinemascore isn't reliable and they are mostly right but sometimes it can prove to be helpful as seen with Alien: Covenant.

Baywatch scored higher then I thought it would. If it was C+ or C it would be dead in the water.

Cool to see rth return too.

• Like 2

Paul Ws Anderson must be laughing his ass off at this moment. Also, there is hope for Neil Blomkamp. Ridley...well..he is getting old...

• Like 1

400m not dead for Guardians ...:sparta:

Pirates could have a decent Sat like Kong did if WOM is better then some expect. Still geared towards families. Really bad number for Baywatch.

Man, awful #s for Baywatch & Alien Covenant. :depp:

Does that friday number include previews, RTH?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, babz06 said:

Baywatch is one of the Dwayne Johnson rare misses. I guess this proves Kevin Hart was really pulling his weight. No one is here for Zac Efron.

Kevin Hart have good opening weekend for is stand-up show playing in theater, him all alone. He was one of the most proven box office draw.

That puts the true Friday for PotC around... 17m? Is that right?

Just now, eXtacy said:

Does that friday number include previews, RTH?

Always

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, picores said:

400m not dead for Guardians ...:sparta:

With Wonder Woman next week, it likely is dead. Unless the buzz around WW is a total smoke screen and the movie is a disaster, then 400m would still be possible. 

Pirates 5

Fri: 22.6

Sat: 21.4 (-5%) 

Sun: 19.3 (-10%)

Mon: 14.4 (-25%)

OW: 63.3m

4-Day: 77.7m 

Edited by picores