Eric Atreides

WEEKEND THREAD | 3-DAY ESTIMATES: Pirates - 62M ; Baywatch - 18M; Alien - 10.5M (71% drop) like. F8 crosses 1B OS.

Writers of Baywatch replied to me on Twitter they said "It happens." 

They were all set for a huge weekend and franchise. 

Things have gone very quiet on their page now though. 

Waiting for The Rock to post a video saying "big weekend for Baywatch!" :lol:

Americans, particularly famous ones, are incapable of admitting their they're wrong or have failed. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Bad numbers for both, but I'll say this: outside of Alien, it feels like most movies have found their strength on Saturday and Sunday this year. Even BATB and GOTG2, huge as they are, had mildly disappointing Fridays before mammoth Saturday and Sundays, despite being parts of franchises. Even frontloaded movies like John Wick 2 and Logan and 50 Shades did much better on Saturday than expected. Maybe moviegoing patterns are changing a bit, with less frontloaded mammoth Fridays for most movies and better weekend IMs. I have no empirical evidence, just something I've observed for a year or so. So maybe these movies do a lil better than expected today. 

Thursday is pretty much becoming Friday for openers. I have noticed that too. It reminds me a bit of what happens here, because movies open on Thursdays here, so there is fanboy rush on that day, Friday is flat or a tiny increase and the big explosion happens on Saturday.

12 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Writers of Baywatch replied to me on Twitter they said "It happens." 

They were all set for a huge weekend and franchise. 

Things have gone very quiet on their page now though. 

Waiting for The Rock to post a video saying "big weekend for Baywatch!" :lol:

Americans, particularly famous ones, are incapable of admitting their they're wrong or have failed. 

The Rock always has been a positive guy across his social media.  So it's not too surprising he'd try to find some silver lining 

• Like 7

Thanks to Ridley Scott's masterful storytelling skills, Alien has restored its place in the Pantheon of movie Monsters as the number one threat in the galaxy.

Even the Guardians fear him I heard.

That Spirit of '79 & '86 is back !

Well Done Ridley !

:sparta::ohmyzod::bagoverhead:

Edited by The Futurist

Well count me in as another that thought Baywatch was pretty good. Not great but it was funny and entertaining enough for me. Glad I saw it.

Now debating about Alien but I have to kill an hour before it starts

• Like 3

1 hour ago, miketheavenger said:

Considering Pirates 5's ending, I hope it makes enough money for Disney to make a sixth film and then call it a day.

I think that ending was meant to ignite interest in this one so that the next could be a closure. Though once upon a time AWE was also meant to be the end of ends. 

8 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I think that ending was meant to ignite interest in this one so that the next could be a closure. Though once upon a time AWE was also meant to be the end of ends. 

But it wasn't due to the ending with Jack. Was always open ended that there would be more... 

• Like 1