Eric Duncan

WEEKEND THREAD | 3-DAY ESTIMATES: Pirates - 62M ; Baywatch - 18M; Alien - 10.5M (71% drop) like. F8 crosses 1B OS.

2 hours ago, Caladbolg said:

I don't think there is a chance at all.  Comparing day to day totals CW is currently about $50m ahead of G2. That lead will shrink as G2 is showing better legs than the quite front loaded CW.  But $50m is a good bit to overcome especially with the competition upcoming. All this "$400m is still on the table"  talk is a bit silly at this point when it's shaping up to finish around $370-380m.

Nah, it still has a chance. It has caught up with Ultron day to day basis. After MD weekend, Ultron made another 48M. GOTG2 with similar performance gets to 388-390M. It has had better legs so far, so 400M isn't dead yet.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

Yeah, the global total looks like it'll save Pirates 5 like it saved the fourth.

Global totals don't save movies.  Movies are made, most of them, with a global audience in mind.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, eddyxx said:

Must have been nice to have a whole theater to yourself. 

Nah, there was at least 20 people there.

Now Alien only has one other person in here so far 

• Like 1

Just now, baumer said:

Global totals don't save movies.  Movies are made, most of them, with a global audience in mind.

No big blockbuster is made with only America in mind. It is not a viable way of doing business anymore. Movies cost 200M+ and marketing campaigns are another 100M. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, miketheavenger said:

It's amazing how a couple weeks ago some people were saying that after its OW GotG Vol. 2 would barely match its predecessor's total and now it's gonna achieve this feat in its fourth weekend. :)

Yeah GOTGv2 has had a great performance. 

3 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Do people forget that they ended AWE. On a semi-cliffhanger?

I don't think people care anymore.

1 minute ago, baumer said:

I don't think people care anymore.

I'm just saying they had things all set up for an interesting fourth film (Hello Barbosa v Jack Sparrow rematch hell yes!) They just dropped the ball with OST 

Where's all this hate for The Rock coming from? He's literally one of the coolest and nicest guys in Hollywood and one of its biggest stars. Just because he made a movie that's flopping and getting savaged by critics does not mean his career is in jeopardy. It'll be a small bump in the road for him and this sudden hate towards him is ridiculous.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

I think that ending was meant to ignite interest in this one so that the next could be a closure. Though once upon a time AWE was also meant to be the end of ends. 

It literally ended on Barbossa and Sparrow going on another treasure hunt. AWE was only ever meant to close Will/Elisabeth's story.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GiantCALBears said:

Let's be real though guys, the Pirates ride especially before they added characters from the movie is still the best thing about Pirates (the first movie included). 

Had a chance to visit Shanghai this year and the Pirates ride at Shanghai Disneyland is INSANE. Kind of ruins the other versions for me now. 

• Like 2