Eric Duncan

WEEKEND THREAD | 3-DAY ESTIMATES: Pirates - 62M ; Baywatch - 18M; Alien - 10.5M (71% drop) like. F8 crosses 1B OS.

7 minutes ago, miketheavenger said:

Where's all this hate for The Rock coming from? He's literally one of the coolest and nicest guys in Hollywood and one of its biggest stars. Just because he made a movie that's flopping and getting savaged by critics does not mean his career is in jeopardy. It'll be a small bump in the road for him and this sudden hate towards him is ridiculous.

We sometimes lack perspective

• Like 3

I think people mean his video where he is celebrating the "big" opening weekend for Baywatch. It's very forced lol

The writers have admitted that they're shocked and disappointed. Wonder why The Rock isn't showing the same honesty. 

2 hours ago, John Marston said:

Is he melting down or just being positive? It is also his job to promote the film

Theres a difference between being positive and being delusional/lying. 

"Big opening weekend for Baywatch" is a lie. 

• Like 1

Paramount is having the worst year. Back half loves decent: Transformers, Daddys Home 2, Payne's Oscarbait Downsizing. But Apple or someone else is gonna snatch them up at fire sale price soon. Them and Sony can not continue like this.

3 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I think people mean his video where he is celebrating the "big" opening weekend for Baywatch. It's very forced lol

The writers have admitted that they're shocked and disappointed. Wonder why The Rock isn't showing the same honesty. 

He is just doing his part as PR man. Pretty typical response. He wants to make sure he looks like he is doing all he can to promote the film. He does not want the stench of the millions that will be lost by this film to linger around him.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Because maybe right now that's not what he's going to do.  

• Like 1

Even if Johnson did have a meltdown, so what? He's a human being (One of the nicest celebrities to his fans) and we all have our moments. 

One of the evils of Social Media is the rise of this Holier Than Thou attitude from most, including, yes, celebrities who shouldn't be on there to begin with.

• Like 12

Pirates is still ok numbers. Not breaking out. But as noted overseas will save it. 

Baywatch is disappointing but then I had no desire to see it so I expected it or less. I'm one of the few who didn't include this in the summer game :)

alien crashing. Not sure whether another 1 will happen at this rate. 

Gotg2 tracking nicely. 400m is not dead!

• Like 3

On 5/26/2017 at 3:15 PM, DAJK said:

Fuck this is awful for Baywatch. Awful awful awful :( 

i was honestly expecting something special before reviews came out

Its box office performance absolutely sucks for my summer game.

On 5/26/2017 at 3:23 PM, YourMother said:

The original Baywatch had very beloved asspects. It's a shame it came and left too early.

They should have adapted Baywatch Nights instead (anyone remember that?), where Hasselhoff works as a private eye, while off lifeguard duty. In the second season they added in supernatural elements including Bigfoot and the sea demons, in attempt to ride the success of the X-Files It was honestly more memorable then the original Baywatch to me. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Lestranger said:

Paramount is having the worst year. Back half loves decent: Transformers, Daddys Home 2, Payne's Oscarbait Downsizing. But Apple or someone else is gonna snatch them up at fire sale price soon. Them and Sony can not continue like this.

Downsizing is going to flop if it stays at Christmas; test screenings aren't looking good, and Paramount would be better moving it away from the holiday. Thanksgiving would be a decent spot to put it.

39 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I think The Rock is just having fun.

Let's not forget he used to be a pro-wrestler.

23 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

They should have adapted Baywatch Nights instead (anyone remember that?), where Hasselhoff works as a private eye, while off lifeguard duty. In the second season they added in supernatural elements including Bigfoot and the sea demons, in attempt to ride the success of the X-Files It was honestly more memorable then the original Baywatch to me. 

So you ignored the joke I made that you replied too?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Dwayne Johnson is like impossible to hate.  He's the only reason I still see the Fast and Furious movies and they should just go ahead and give him that spinoff with Jason Stathom.

Yeh I definitely don't hate him, I follow him on Instagram.

However I think he chooses horrendous films to be in. That's just my opinion. 

Baywatch is the first Rock film I'm going to see in cinemas lol.