Eric Atreides

WEEKEND THREAD | 3-DAY ESTIMATES: Pirates - 62M ; Baywatch - 18M; Alien - 10.5M (71% drop) like. F8 crosses 1B OS.

1 minute ago, Krissykins said:

However I think he chooses horrendous films to be in. That's just my opinion. 

Moana and F5, 6, 7, and 8 aren't horrendous.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, YourMother said:

So you ignored the joke I made that you replied too?

No, I got it but it was the second after I replied. Biasscepts damn (I suck at comebacks). 

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Krissykins said:

The Rock actually tweeted "B+ Cinemascore" :lol:

Did anyone on here predict Baywatch to open under Snatched for the 3 Day? 

Did he steal something from you?  Have an affair with your mom?  Why so much vitriol towards him?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Yeh I definitely don't hate him, I follow him on Instagram.

However I think he chooses horrendous films to be in. That's just my opinion. 

Baywatch is the first Rock film I'm going to see in cinemas lol. 

Hem might choose to be in films that don't appeal to you but they obviously appeal to many others.  

• Like 2

I wonder if Johnson will ever make the leap to oscarbait dramas. He is good on Ballers, but that it is not really emotionally nuanced role. I feel like he could have the range, but then again, he seems like a Stallone or Schwarzenegger, careerwise.

4 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Moana and F5, 6, 7, and 8 aren't horrendous.

Ah I forgot about Moana, I liked that.

I literally said in that post thought "in my opinion" lol so I don't know why you're telling me they aren't horrendous. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Ah I forgot about Moana, I liked that.

I literally said in that post thought "in my opinion" lol so I don't know why you're telling me they aren't horrendous. 

It's cool. Everyone has actors they don't care for acting wise. 

• Like 1

I've enjoyed a number of the Rock's movies but I just never had any real interest in seeing Baywatch; not in theaters at least. I'll catch it later. I'm looking forward to Jumangi and Rampage though. They feel like movies that he just works better in. 

I love all the little videos he posts on Instagram. The guy is the living embodiment of positivity lol

• Like 1

On 5/26/2017 at 3:41 PM, Alli said:

People got tired of Jack Sparrow. he has very specific characteristics (drunken, odd, crazy) that are fresh the first few times, but get tired if there's too much.   that's why most action movie heroes that stand the test of time don't really have any strong characteristics. people can transfer themselves to them.

i'm curious how fast people will get tired of deadpool

Not to mention that Depp overplayed that character of type, when literally ever over character he seemed to play post POTC involved him doing dress-up and putting on a funny accent. It got tiring really fast.

Pirates of the Caribbean was pretty damn good but the trailers before the film was probably my favorite set in a while:

THE NEW VALERIAN TRAILER IN GLORIOUS IMAX

THE EPIC APES TRAILER

Transformers: The Last Knight

THE MUMMY IN 3D

Spider-Man: Homecoming

WONDER WOMAN WITH IMAGINE DRAGONS (NGL I GOT GOOSEBUMPS)

THOR MOTHERFUCKING RAGNAROK

AND BEST OF ALL, STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI (WHICH ALSO GAVE ME MASSIVE GOOSEBUMPS HOLY SHIT)

All in all, good experience :).

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Lestranger said:

I wonder if Johnson will ever make the leap to oscarbait dramas. He is good on Ballers, but that it is not really emotionally nuanced role. I feel like he could have the range, but then again, he seems like a Stallone or Schwarzenegger, careerwise.

Stallone made is far share of try in oscar bait drama I think, maybe Johnson will do some he received a massive amount of critical praise for Pain&Gain and he is building a giant social personnality that a great director could use one day in a movie.

Has for the writers admitting deception on the first weekend and not him, they are not the face of the movie (and for a writing by commitee like that, maybe not getting point eithers), very different situation (a bit like Jeremy Iron speaking against BvS and not Affleck the amount of coverage and overall trouble caused are totally different)

Also positive guy, pushing the product and specially clause to the fans is Dwayne personna, I'm not sure why he would change it, franchise aside it is a good openning number for the budget.

46 minutes ago, That One Valerian said:

Pirates of the Caribbean was pretty damn good but the trailers before the film was probably my favorite set in a while:

THE EPIC APES TRAILER

THE MUMMY IN 3D

AND BEST OF ALL, STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI (WHICH ALSO GAVE ME MASSIVE GOOSEBUMPS HOLY SHIT)

I did not get all of these. I did get a Geostorm trailer which I had never seen before. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Matrix4You said:

Pirates - A

Pirates 2 - B

Pirates 3 - A-

Pirates 4 - B+

Pirates 5 - C+

1. Black Pearl - A

2. Dead Man's Chest - B+

3. At World's End - B-

4. Dead Men - B-

5. Stranger Tides - D+

Ok finished my double feature with Alien Covenant.  It was decent.  It's not horrible to me in any way.  The only issue I had was with some of the people in the theater :P

but overall, probably would give it a B or so.

1 hour ago, That One Valerian said:

THE EPIC APES TRAILER

THE MUMMY IN 3D

Goosebumps are the best.

Movie nerds live for that shit.

• Like 1