kayumanggi

SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY | 179.1 M overseas ● 392.9 M worldwide

6 minutes ago, salvador-232 said:

Update from South America: In Perú is doing horrible,  no numbers until Monday though. In Chile, Bolivia, Uruguay, and Paraguay is also doing badly, being second to Deadpool 2, In Argentina is third behind D2 and a local movie. In Argentina, Bolivia and Paraguay it is just barely above Infinity War 4th weekend... 

Maybe there are no numbers to report cause nobody showed up? :hahaha:

@Cookson PRU's shitty China performance is still responsible for 100M out of 229M which shows that SW's complete failure to penetrate that markets is now biting them in the ass big time. As pathetic as PRU global, dom and OS performance is, even shit China number will take its OS total over Solow from arguably much stronger global brand. Ouch of the highest order.

Edited by Valonqar
  • Haha 1

2 Deadpool 2 Fox 4,349 $12M (-77%) $44M (-65%) $55.8M $220.5M 2

Deadline is low-balling DP2. Even conservatively,

17 (+41.7%)

15.5 (-9%)

12.5 (-19%)

= 44.5 / 57

18 (+50%)

16.5 (-8%)

13.5 (-18%) 

= 46.5 / 60 is more realistic and not optimistic either.

Edited by A2k Raptor

15 hours ago, Thrylos 7 said:

The champions  league final will murder solo everywhere in Europe and esp. in Germany and England (and Spain obviously) this weekend. Take that into consideration when estimating weekend numbers and not just come into a conclusion based on the Friday grosses.

FilthySaltyLarva-max-1mb.gif

19 hours ago, oMeriMombatti said:
Solo Is Disaster - Deadpool 2 Down- Infinity Continues    

Solo - A Star Wars Story is a disaster in India with collections of just 35-40 lakhs nett. The Star Wars brand has little value in India as none of the Star Wars films have ever done well in India and that goes for the original Star Wars film of the 70's which is one of the biggest blockbusters ever in Hollywood but was a washout in India.

Deadpool 2 has dropped in the second week with second Friday collections being around 85% down from the first Friday. The english version has some some collections which has helped to collect in the 1.25-1.50 crore nett range. If it was as bad as Hindi and regional then the film would not even had 1 crore nett. The collections of Deadpool 2 till date are as follows.

First Week - 41,00,00,000

Friday - 1,35,00,000

TOTAL - 42,35,00,000

Avengers - Infinity War is still continuing to run in its fifth week and will hit 225 crore nett at the end of its fifth weekend.

The collections of Avengers - Infinity War till date is as follows

Week One - 1,56,52,00,000 

Week Two - 46,93,00,000 

Week Three  -  15,88,00,000 

Week Four - 4,75,00,000 apprx

Friday - 20,00,000 apprx

TOTAL - 2,24,28,00,000 apprx

AIW 5th weekend > Solo 1st weekend in India is a possibility.

As I predicted earlier it won't even do 1M in India. Unmitigated disaster.

Also Solo 1st weekend in Aus, NZ and UK will be less than DP2 2nd weekend in those countries.

I think since it's only playing in Multiplexes mainly, this may mean only about 20000 to 30000 tickets sold on OD. That's hilariously awful.

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

eh, I'm not sure. With a potential 20m gross from Japan still to come it should push it over I think

It only has 10 more days to make it's OS money before it is booted from theaters for Jurassic World 2, that is the biggest hurdle for it considering the low start.

7 hours ago, Nova said:

At least it mananged to be number one somewhere besides the USA :ph34r:

Beside it being seemingly the hottest weekend of the year for now (weather) it is also #1 in Germany, with an all around bad weekend in my POV. It is way lower than a lot expected, but according to insidekino.de #5 OW of the year.

Considering I have seen only once a trailer in the cinemas and no other ad at all, I am surprised ppl did even know it gets released.

Husband, who usually isn't a cinema visitor told there was a radio cultural show (the kind focused on high cultural things) telling it is a bad film in a way (I was shocked to hear he even heard anything about it, as he has no interest in anything that isn't old French film noir), son looked it up, told the speaker spoke about destroyed childhood yadda yadda and meant it is ~ not needed

Btw, hubby works in a state's capital, tells about Friday tons of free parking spaces all around, bad numbers for shops as only a few ppl are walking around (too hot) = means lots of ppl seem to be away or drove to a swimming pond/sea or whatever that is called, or...

Not meant as it might have gotten more with another date/weather, just that there is a possibility for a few to some % more

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I expect a 72m - 74m OS opening. And even with Japan not dropping this isn't getting to $250m OS, $200m OS seems likely I think, it will be around it +/- 10m. This really needs some good WoM. Than it might get $250m.

Edited by pepsa
  • Like 1

@peludo Do you happen to know the rebate sstem for movies filmed in Spain? I mean the accounting process and tehe rules/limits and ??? whatever might be interesting.

Also are some details known about the skale the filming at the island happened. Like a one day small crew thing or...?

I read too much here, beside it being not my '2-movies/year-in-depth' thingie I get curious, brain starts to automatically add up details