kayumanggi

SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY | 179.1 M overseas ● 392.9 M worldwide

News from Corpse in Japan. Looks like it shouldn't get hit quite as hard:

Solo will certainly drop. Rogue One grossed way less than every main Star Wars film in the market (including the OT!), and Solo pretty much suffers from the same major problems (no stars, and a prequel). I don't think Solo will drop 50% versus Rogue One, though, and still expect it to at least reach ¥3 billion (~$30 million). That's still pretty awful for a Star Wars release, but I don't think it'll completely tank.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

rejection of Star wars brand in china is beyond imagination and rare

Middle earth movies were also little seen by large part of china in early 2000, but when hobbit as a prequel came, the gross gradually increase from one to its sequel, 49m to 121m

Star wars on the other hand, drop one from one, from 124m to now less than 20m, the figure aren't looking better if we remove spin off, can't imagine Ep9 lower than TLJ in china.....that 43m offer not much space to drop further

• Like 1

Disney/Lucasfilm’s Solo: A Star Wars Storycame in with a confirmed $68.2M in the actuals for its international box office bow this weekend. The Millennium Falcon has been through some tough space battles before, and even if this is above the Sunday estimate of $65M, it’s still a very disappointing result for the film that’s been decently received by critics and offers its share of fun summer popcorn action. The haul is far below industry projections and the global total, including domestic‘s 3-day launch, is $153M.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 1

3 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Disney/Lucasfilm’s Solo: A Star Wars Storycame in with a confirmed $68.2M in the actuals for its international box office bow this weekend. The Millennium Falcon has been through some tough space battles before, and even if this is above the Sunday estimate of $65M, it’s still a very disappointing result for the film that’s been decently received by critics and offers its share of fun summer popcorn action. The haul is far below industry projections and the global total, including domestic‘s 3-day launch, is $153M.

Where did it increase by $3.2M?

52 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

News from Corpse in Japan. Looks like it shouldn't get hit quite as hard:

Solo will certainly drop. Rogue One grossed way less than every main Star Wars film in the market (including the OT!), and Solo pretty much suffers from the same major problems (no stars, and a prequel). I don't think Solo will drop 50% versus Rogue One, though, and still expect it to at least reach ¥3 billion (~$30 million). That's still pretty awful for a Star Wars release, but I don't think it'll completely tank.

That wpuldnt be too  bad since RogueOne made 39m. I wouldn’t be surprised if it makes only  20-25m