kayumanggi

SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY | 179.1 M overseas ● 392.9 M worldwide

6 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

Is OS overall likely to be below 200M at this point?

Current markets are going to finish with 150-155M. Japan should add 15-20M. So 170M is the likely total. 

• Thanks 1
  • Disbelief 2

24 minutes ago, Fake said:

It was at 63.1M after Sunday.

It did 6.6M on Monday ; 69.7M cume.

Latest update is 82.3M as of Wednesday, so 12.6M for Tuesday and Wednesday.

So it really dropped from estimates, despite their first reports missing for example Previews in Germany for the weekend number.

BOM updated their numbers, but they at least got the german number wrong, $4.34M is just the number for the true weekend, so including previews the total should be $5.15M. For the uk so they did it right.

So with 63.1M:

China: $9.85M

Uk: $8.07M

Ger: $5.15M

Aus: $5M

France: $4M

That leaves $31.02M for the rest.

They probably will drop 55% to $14M

China will probably drop to $2M

GB to $4M

Ger to $3.5M

And giving Australia and France a 50% drop to $2.5M and $2M

Would be a $27.95M weekend

Yes, $400m WW seems like a good target. Crazy to think the likes of Rampage and Ready Player One will outgross a Star Wars movie worldwide. But I think Solo will avoid the ignominy of grossing less than Fifty Shades Freed ($370.6m).

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Marathon said:

Yes, $400m WW seems like a good target. Crazy to think the likes of Rampage and Ready Player One will outgross a Star Wars movie worldwide. But I think Solo will avoid the ignominy of grossing less than Fifty Shades Freed ($370.6m).

or PRU. :sparta:

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

175mil international along with 235mil. That's like 410mil worldwide. So it could actually go under 400mil if more things go wrong for it. Woah. 

235M looking optimistic now. If it drops under 30M this weekend (which is looking likely now), then it's going to miss $225M domestic, and consequently, $400M WW.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, John Marston said:

overseas it will make less than Rampage, Tomb Raider, Fifty Shades Freed, Pacific Rim Uprising, and Maze Runner: The Death Cure this year

It clearly won't be in the top 10, 15 and 20, but do you think it could place outside of Top 30 OS

With Solo OS<180M 14 movies are above it already (including Paddington 2)

Movies that should make more:

The Incredibles 2,

Jurassic World 2,

Ant-Man 2,

Hotel Transylvania 3 (the last did $300M),

Mission: Impossible 6,

The Grinch

Fantastic Beast 2,

Wreck-it-Ralph 2,

Aquaman,

Marry Poppins Return

So 10 more, that would make it 24 above $180M

I think:

Skyscraper

Mowgli,

The Nun,

Bumblebee

Spider-Man,

Venom,

Mowgli,

The Meg,

Cristopher Robin,

Mamma Mia,

and probably at least three chinese movies should get there, probably missed some.

That would be another 13movies for 37, so out of Top 40 OS

On 28/5/2018 at 12:19 PM, Thrylos 7 said:

Star Wars films are just not spectacular enough to capture the imagination of emerging markets like the MCU or Jurassic world or even fast&furious.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? .... I guess the word "spectacular" have a different meaning for many of us 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KenterKane said:

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? .... I guess the word "spectacular" have a different meaning for many of us 

SW fights are very underwhelming to anyone who’s seen more than like 5 Asian martial arts movies 

2 hours ago, Rebeccas said:

SW fights are very underwhelming to anyone who’s seen more than like 5 Asian martial arts movies 

try like 1 or 2 :hahaha:the first time i saw a SW movie 15 years ago, i thought why they make a big deal about it when the action is freaking dumb.Ofc i know why it is so popular but thats still my first impression about SW and i think that's how most asians audiences feel about it

Edited by GOXOG

37 minutes ago, Rthanos said:

OS WE should be looking 30ish 

Woho, that would be higher than I thought it would get.

With China looking to be around 2M, that would mean the OS-China hold actually was okay, still doesn't help much, because of the so low opening.

28M OS-China this weekend compared to $53.3M OW.

Edited by Taruseth

6 minutes ago, Taruseth said:

Woho, that would be higher than I thought it would get.

With China looking to be around 2M, that would mean the OS-China hold actually was okay, still doesn't help much, because of the so low opening.

28M OS-China this weekend compared to $53.3M OW.

Next weekend will tell if Solo can get 400m WW.

12 hours ago, Rebeccas said:

Despite their flaws, one of the best parts of the prequels were there fights. Lightsabre battles in Episode 1 and 3 were epic.  Jedi actually looked decent fighters in those films. Shame they reverted back with the fighting in the new films. I recon the prequels would have done better in markets like China than the new films as they were big in scope, bit fake looking, but massive action.