kayumanggi

SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY | 179.1 M overseas ● 392.9 M worldwide

2 hours ago, pepsa said:

Solo dropped out off the top 35 in SK after the JW2 OD. The day before solo was at nr 6. I think it lost all showtimes in SK.

EDIT: I hope it's just a bug in their system, but I still can't find it.

Its there at the at #16. Click more at the bottom and you will see. Btw my earlier guess of Solo doing 230-240k admission is out of the window now. Solo collapsed hard against JW2

Solo dropped 86% from yesterday and a whopping 95.4% from last week in South Korea thanks to JW2. It also lost 94% of its screen

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Its there at the at #16. Click more at the bottom and you will see. Btw my earlier guess of Solo doing 230-240k admission is out of the window now. Solo collapsed hard against JW2

Solo dropped 86% from yesterday and a whopping 95.4% from last week in South Korea thanks to JW2. It also lost 94% of its screen

Yeah I can see it now, checked it yesterday 2h after the numbers were in and I didn't find it in the top 35, but the list contained movie that were twice in the chart. Loaded it 4 times to see if it was my browser. So I apoligise, thats why I said in my original post that it might be a bug because other movies were all in the chart.

On 5/31/2018 at 10:44 PM, Taruseth said:

So it really dropped from estimates, despite their first reports missing for example Previews in Germany for the weekend number.

BOM updated their numbers, but they at least got the german number wrong, $4.34M is just the number for the true weekend, so including previews the total should be $5.15M. For the uk so they did it right.

So with 63.1M:

China: $9.85M

Uk: $8.07M

Ger: $5.15M (BOM: $4.3M)

Aus: $5M

France: $4M

That leaves $31.02M for the rest.

They probably will drop 55% to $14M

China will probably drop to $2M

GB to $4M

Ger to $3.5M

And giving Australia and France a 50% drop to $2.5M and $2M

Would be a $27.95M weekend

Underestimated the second weekend by 2.4M

Second Weekend:

UK: $4.2M

Ger: $3.67M

France: $2.77M

Aus: $2.65M

China: $2.22M 

Spain: $1.56M

Russia: $1.24M

Brazil: $1.18M

Italy: $1.02M

Mex: $0.86M

Total: $21.37M (Rest: $8.97M)

I guess for this weekend:

UK: $2M

Ger: $1.7M

France: $1.3M

Aus: $1.1M

China: $0.4M 

Spain: $0.6M

Russia: $0.5M

Brazil: $0.4M

Italy: $0.4M

Mex: $0.3M

Total: $8.7M (Rest: $3.9M) => 12.6M (Just for fun; third weekends of TFA: UK: $15.19M; France: $12.24; Ger: $10.59M and for TLJ: Ger: $12.19M; France: $11.19M; UK: $10.73M)

2 minutes ago, pepsa said:

$0.4m more than IW 7th WE OS :ohmyzod:

You got to appreciate Solo's run, very clean. 

You don’t need sarcasm from me, you’re doing great yourself lol.

Forgot about Japan. 

210M+ dom

$155M OS-Japan 

That put it at $365M 

Need $35M or less from Japan depends on how high Dom can go. $400M WW still has a pulse.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It collapsed but it was obvious, the movie must have lost a ton of screens, cinemas overseas dropped it fast. In my country it was barely playing in more screens than infinity war, this weekend. 400 seems unreachable unless it slightly overperforms in the u.s onwards , I don’t think it will get 35 million from Japan.

A true non-event film, a fart in the wind between IW , d2 and JW2.

I think it'll get to $400M but not because of OS. With Father's Day next weekend, Solo should see a really good drop that weekend. It dropped really good this weekend and seems to have stabilized so it should be able to leg it out to around $215-$220M domestic. 

• Like 1