franfar

Wonder Woman sexism/misandry/gender discrimination/Marxism/fascism thread | EJECT EJECT EJECT

The Alamo Drafthouse movie theater chain is facing backlash over its plans to offer women-only screenings of the upcoming film "Wonder Woman," with some claiming it constitutes sexism.

But the theater chain is not backing down, adding more screenings to its schedule.

Alamo Drafthouse's Austin, Texas, location first announced its plans for a women-only screening of one of the biggest female-led superhero movies ever.

"Apologies, gentlemen, but we're embracing our girl power and saying 'No Guys Allowed' for one special night at the Alamo Ritz," Alamo Drafthouse wrote on its site. "And when we say 'People Who Identify As Women Only,' we mean it. Everyone working at this screening — venue staff, projectionist, and culinary team — will be female.”

http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/335364-movie-theaters-face-uproar-for-women-only-showings-of-wonder

Damn

• Like 2

This thread is despicable.

I may have exaggerated in this post, it honestly does not seem like that big of a deal in hindsight, but the bully like mentality of some of the members here who crucify anyone who's view are not exactly the same as thier own is sickening.   

Edited by Kalo

Just now, Kalo said:

How is this movie inherently anti-male? Wonder Woman leaves her all female society to protect the world of men, she disobeys her mother, becuase she knows thier views are rigid and kind of backwards.

Hide contents

she falls in love with Steve Trevor

and from the looks of it, he is portrayed in the movie as a very strong male role model. throughout most of the comics and the animated tv shows she has had very close relationships with male characters, and stands for truth and justice, yes she is all for women's rights and well being, but she is not anti-male, she is actaully a pretty level headed, mainstream character, she would have never became a mainstream hero if she were skewed with extreme leftist or misandry viewpoints.

I personally think these women's only screenings are wrong, it's segregation, it's backwards and it is misandric, and also goes against the spirit of the character of Wonder Woman.   

*ducks* 

He is telling a joke, relax.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Kalo said:

How is this movie inherently anti-male? Wonder Woman leaves her all female society to protect the world of men, she disobeys her mother, becuase she knows thier views are rigid and kind of backwards.

Reveal hidden contents

and from the looks of it, he is portrayed in the movie as a very strong male role model. throughout most of the comics and the animated tv shows she has had very close relationships with male characters, and stands for truth and justice, yes she is all for women's rights and well being, equality, but she is not anti-male, she is actaully a pretty level headed, mainstream character, she would have never became a mainstream hero if she were skewed with extreme leftist or misandry viewpoints.

I personally think these women's only screenings are wrong, it's segregation, it's backwards and it is misandric, and also goes against the spirit and character of Wonder Woman.   

*ducks* 

Sarcasm is hard to translate over the internet, apparently

Just now, franfar said:

Sarcasm is hard to translate over the internet, apparently

Sorry, I kind of jump in the middle, but now you know my views at least :P

41 minutes ago, Kalo said:

I personally think these women's only screenings are wrong, it's segregation, it's backwards and it is misandric, and also goes against the spirit and character of Wonder Woman.  

They aren't stopping any men from going to one of thousands of showings available, you know. These women are paying the same as if they went to any other screening.

Now tell me, what do you think of veteran-only screenings? Cause I noticed by reading about this silly backlash that completely misses the point that veteran-only special screenings are a relatively common thing for certain types of movies. Do you think they are wrong as well then?

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

They aren't stopping any men from going to one of thousands of showings available, you know. These women are paying the same as if they went to any other screening.

Now tell me, what do you think of veteran-only screenings? Cause I noticed by reading about this silly backlash that completely misses the point that veteran-only special screenings are a relatively common thing for certain types of movies. Do you think they are wrong as well then?

No that is completely different and there are male and female veterans. and veterans literally risks thier lives for this country it is completely different.   I think that the backlash is probably being blown out of proportion, and I'm sure there are misogynists who are angry about it and complaining, and if I found out that it was a special screening that was meant for women who were mostly the subjects of abuse by men or something like that it would be one thing, but honestly it sounds like it's just a bunch of women who don't want to watch a movie in the same room as a man.  

Jeez, most of these dudes complaining about this all - women screening will probably have seen the film at-least twice before June 6th.

These dudes were never planning to see it on Tuesday at the Alamo, they just hate the fact that they were "denied" one thing that they were never trying to obtain in the first place.

Edited by UNDERDOG
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, Kalo said:

People who have problem with this type of screening are the reason this type of screenings should be held. Clubs do this all the time, only women/men night etc.

Now if even 10% of the screenings were doing this, there would be some legitimacy to this dudes problems.

This is not what segregation is!!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Kalo said:

No that is completely different and there are male and female veterans. and veterans literally risks thier lives for this country it is completely different.   I think that the backlash is probably being blown out of proportion, and I'm sure there are misogynists who are angry about it and complaining, and if I found out that it was a special screening that was meant for women who were mostly the subjects of abuse by men or something like that it would be one thing, but honestly it sounds like it's just a bunch of women who don't want to watch a movie in the same room as a man.  

Sounds more like a bunch of women who want to watch the movie with a bunch of other women.  But ok.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Kalo said:

You're completely missing the whole point of this.

Anyway, let me assuage your fears regarding this particular screening by letting you know that it does serve another higher purpose(besides the obvious one that you are completely missing that is):

Or are you one of those guys against planned parenthood as well?

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 5

Imagine having so very little to worry or care about that you're actually upset/offended that women are getting women-only screenings for Wonder Woman....to the point where you're whining on social media about it and plan on crashing said screenings and identifying as a woman just to enter. 

I would say sign me up for that kind of worry free life but then I realized I would rather worry about actual things than live such a sad sad existence. 

• Like 14