franfar

Wonder Woman sexism/misandry/gender discrimination/Marxism/fascism thread | EJECT EJECT EJECT

These women-only screening are helping WB's marketing soooo much. Most folks don't give a fuck about the backlash anyway, and it is free promo that air even here lol. I can't imagine how it is like in the US.

7 hours ago, Arlborn said:

They aren't stopping any men from going to one of thousands of showings available, you know. These women are paying the same as if they went to any other screening.

Now tell me, what do you think of veteran-only screenings? Cause I noticed by reading about this silly backlash that completely misses the point that veteran-only special screenings are a relatively common thing for certain types of movies. Do you think they are wrong as well then?

What would you think of Black-only screenings? White-only screenings?

Yes, I think "veteran-only" screenings are wrong, but at least, these people are actually united by specific life choices!!! Nobody chooses the color of their skin, their gender or their sexual orientation.

This is where identity politics becomes apartheid.

• Like 3

I know the Texas screening was a fundraiser for planned parenthood. They can invite who they want. Considering maternal death rate doubled since Texas decided to defund PP these screenings carry a symbolic and spiritual meaning. It's a chance to strengthen and support each other and enjoy a fun night out.  If three screenings out of thousands threaten your existence  then I don't want to know you.

• Like 11

5 hours ago, Krissykins said:

I could do without the backlash from these screenings though. 

The Ghostbusters/Snatched haters will get involved in the IMDb ratings because of it no doubt. 

Anyway, Pirates and Baywatch flopped, open market for WW! 

I doubt, have you seen WWs trailers like ratio? It's one of the best rated trailers of the year, but then again it is IMDB so who knows. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kathemy said:

Yes, I think "veteran-only" screenings are wrong, but at least, these people are actually united by specific life choices!!! Nobody chooses the color of their skin, their gender or their sexual orientation.

I would have agreed with this if it was about somewhat 10% screenings.

But here we are talking about what 1 screening among 4000. That's petty of you sir.

2 hours ago, Kathemy said:

Hoo boy, that escalated

• Like 7

I mean, I'm not threatened by a women-only screening. It's against New York state law, but whatever.

I don't even think it's women-only,  because they sold tickets and anyone could purchase them.

Edited by Chaz
  • Like 2

Seriously though I think they are making a mountain out of a mole hill with this issue. It isn't across the nation they are doing this women's only screening, its like a private screening perse, I agree though the less gender segregation happening in the world the better given all the "gender equality" banter but I'm sure women wouldn't be as vocal for a Men's only screening of say 300. Let each gender have their own space, maybe Alamo should have done this differently though and announce this thing in private or have a more widely accepted moniker such as "ladies night" which is very prominent in alot of clubs rather than "women's only screening".

• Like 2

Wonder Woman had to go through so many bullshit "controversies". Part of it may be backlash from previous DC movies, but the rest is all sexism.

That partly explains why there hasn't been any female superhero movie since Catwoman and Elektra.

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Wonder Woman had to go through so many bullshit "controversies". Part of it may be backlash from previous DC movies, but the rest is all sexism.

That partly explains why there hasn't been any female superhero movie since Catwoman and Elektra.

In the sequel, Wonder Woman's villain should be The Fragile Man. Mr. Glass would be proud. :P 

• Like 4

Men have basically held the majority of choice in decision making in the world since the beginning of civilized existence...and perhaps the beginning of time itself (back to prehistoric times), so any man complaining about this issue needs serious help. 

Do they realize how little this matters?  Like, less than 1/1000th of a chromosome of a hair follicle? 

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 8

15 minutes ago, Macleod said:

Men have basically held the majority of choice in decision making in the world since the beginning of civilized existence...and perhaps the beginning of time itself (back to prehistoric times), so any man complaining about this issue needs serious help. 

Do they realize how little this matters?  Like, less than 1/1000th of a chromosome of a hair follicle? 

They are just trying to give voice to the voiceful!

tumblr_oqkt0l4AGv1rsxc8jo1_1280.jpg

Edited by MyMovieCanBeatUpYourMovie
  • Like 13