franfar

Wonder Woman sexism/misandry/gender discrimination/Marxism/fascism thread | EJECT EJECT EJECT

24 minutes ago, Macleod said:

Do they realize how little this matters?  Like, less than 1/1000th of a chromosome of a hair follicle? 

With these types it is always the inability to get laid or strike any kind of normal relationship with a woman (which, gee I wonder why) that they project onto EVERYTHING. This tweet is on point regarding top hat Doubting Tommy pictured above who wants to go to court over the existence of what is essentially ladies night

• Like 7

2 hours ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

I would have agreed with this if it was about somewhat 10% screenings.

But here we are talking about what 1 screening among 4000. That's petty of you sir.

I live in a country with "more than just one" women-only event. It started with "just one" here too.

Again, would you be fine with one, single, white-men-only event for the American Nazi Party?

What I can't get over is how that theater isn't actually stopping anyone from watching the movie on that Tuesday around the same time as that ladies only event - just buy a ticket for another screening that evening. It's not a permanent thing, it's a limited event that will actually have 0 practical effect in the life of any man who happens to wanna watch this movie on that Tuesday. How can you feel threatened by that? People who do must feel so damn insecure.

It's all really mind boggling and it makes me want this movie to break out even more.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Kathemy said:

I live in a country with "more than just one" women-only event. It started with "just one" here too.

Again, would you be fine with one, single, white-men-only event for the American Nazi Party?

The internet is truly the realm of hyperbole.

There were no Nazis on World War I by the way, that's more of a Captain America thing.

:sparta:

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Kathemy said:

Jeez, you're making it sound like its a sort of pandemic that will spread or something.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kathemy said:

Are you talking about reservation?

And 1 screening for white-only nazi party for hitler propaganda biopic, I don't see the problem with that other than their toxic opinions which this women don't have.à

16 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

With these types it is always the inability to get laid or strike any kind of normal relationship with a woman (which, gee I wonder why) that they project onto EVERYTHING. This tweet is on point regarding top hat Doubting Tommy pictured above who wants to go to court over the existence of what is essentially ladies night

ANd that is what makes this so beautiful. Warners Publcity knew EXACTLY how these fools would react, saw it would bring them tens of millions of dollars worth of free publicity,baited the trap, and the idiots walked right into it.

Thus the fools are helping to promote a film with a strong equal rights for Women message. It is a beautiful thing to watch.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

That's wonderful.  It sounds exactly like something Triumph the Insult Dog would say!  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pq7wzcBf2k

5 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

What I can't get over is how that theater isn't actually stopping anyone from watching the movie on that Tuesday around the same time as that ladies only event - just buy a ticket for another screening that evening. It's not a permanent thing, it's a limited event that will actually have 0 practical effect in the life of any man who happens to wanna watch this movie on that Tuesday.

Would you say the same thing to a black woman being told she can't watch that movie at that particular location and evening?

This is symbolic. Do you know why I am sensitive to these things? I'm a Marxist. Living in Sweden. The so-called "radical Left" is infected with these segregationist ideas. I've been exposed to their fascist policies more than most people.

7 minutes ago, Kathemy said:

Would you say the same thing to a black woman being told she can't watch that movie at that particular location and evening?

This is symbolic. Do you know why I am sensitive to these things? I'm a Marxist. Living in Sweden. The so-called "radical Left" is infected with these segregationist ideas. I've been exposed to their fascist policies more than most people.

A Marxist, eh?

And how did that Soviet Russia thing work out for you?

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Kathemy said:

How are you equating a racist white-only event to a innocent movie screening for women to enjoy a rare female superhero film sir?

And the proceedings will go to planned parenthood, so there is nothing nefarious here.

2 minutes ago, Kathemy said:

You're bringing the Nazi argument against a piece of marketing directed at women that have zero man-hating connotations. You're comparing a harmless superhero movie to fascism.

Do you have any idea how silly you sound? They aren't getting together to discuss their hate of a certain social group or anything even remotely close to it; a couple hundreds of women are getting together for a big ladies out night while watching a feel good movie that has been over 50 years in the making. But sure, keep comparing it to the Nazis and fascism and see how seriously people take you.

Brilliant piece of marketing indeed.

• Like 15

2 minutes ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

How are you equating a racist white-only event to a innocent movie screening for women to enjoy a rare female superhero film sir?

And the proceedings will go to planned parenthood, so there is nothing nefarious here.

Equating, "madam"? I'm merely saying that the very idea of banning one sex from any event is sexist. Period. This is a bad example.

Edited by Kathemy

8 minutes ago, Kathemy said:

For Wonder Woman?

I wouldn't say anything, since this is a women screening and she's allowed in.

2 minutes ago, raegr said:

Omg, this is even more publicity. Is no one gonna address the fact that the female audience are gonna come in droves to Justice League after seeing this?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Depends on how good JL is.

Frankly, it is going to be ironic if the DCU film that Snyder had minimal invovment with is the one that ...finally...makes the DCU into a real competitor with the MCU.

I agree this fuss will help WW a lot at the box office..but JL..remains to be seen.

18 minutes ago, dudalb said:

ANd that is what makes this so beautiful. Warners Publcity knew EXACTLY how these fools would react, saw it would bring them tens of millions of dollars worth of free publicity,baited the trap, and the idiots walked right into it.

Thus the fools are helping to promote a film with a strong equal rights for Women message. It is a beautiful thing to watch.

All credit should be given to the Alamo Drafthouse -- I don't see how WB is involved at all (though it's possible they might've helped promote it to various media outlets).

• Like 3