Dementeleus

What a WONDERful Weekend | WW down only 16% on Sunday. 103M weekend. pg 226

6 minutes ago, vc2002 said:

That's not true. Cameron did with Titanic. Cameron probably endured even more doubts and negativity. ( I know you probably dont like Titanic, but personal taste is not what we're talking about here.)

Also, nothing gives you a lifetime pass in Hollywood. You might be personally willing to watch 10 turds from Jackson after LOTR, but Hollywood won't give him the chance in the first place. Hell, Cameron had to find the investors to pay for the other half of Avatar's budget even after making the highest grossing film of all time for Fox. That's how cheap these studios are.

And then there's the Wachowskis...

• Like 2

You know I'm kinda pissed I let this board once again make me believe in this insane hype and up my expectations. 6 weeks ago I had WW at $100M for the OW. Then positive reactions came and folks started going crazy with expectations so I thought it could do $100-110M. But then this week happened and I kept seeing folks say $120M+ or $130M+ and I felt like maybe I was really really underestimating this film. I should have kept my prediction of $100M. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Gitesh was spot on with Ultron in mid-80's when others were saying 95+. Let's hope he's wrong this time. 

Ultron was bit of a disappointment though while Wonder Woman is getting great responses I don't see why it should be so low... 

• Like 1

Just now, ban1o said:

Ultron was bit of a disappointment though while Wonder Woman is getting great responses I don't see why it should be so low... 

Underpants could be stealing some of the family audience that might otherwise see this.

• Like 1

Just now, ban1o said:

Maybe it's paying the same price Batman Begins did for previous shitty movies in the franchise. MOS, BvS, SS...three turds in a row. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Lordmandeep said:

The thing is SS had a ton of buzz and awareness outside of the typical comic book crowd especially in the youth and female crowd....

Also, WOM was rather toxic within the superhero community but to a lot of the general audience said 'its a stupid film but it was fun' 

Oh yeah, I remember. It was supposed to be the movie of the summer after everything else disappointed...then the reviews came in saying it was even worse.