Dementeleus

What a WONDERful Weekend | WW down only 16% on Sunday. 103M weekend. pg 226

5 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

Ok so WW will definitely have a 2.4x just like mos and SS ,is that saying bad Wom?

Im trying to understand why we can't determine these films 2.4x arent good in today's standards ?

They have dropped one film that has a bad Multiplier and you all are trying to shadow that over the the positives.

Many say Suicide Squad would have made much less if released  in a month with competition but it's DVD sales says otherwise as the final tally will rival that of some well beloved films.

Man of steel had Competition and face an 66mil opener and a 85mil opener in its second week suffered  a 65%drop and still pulled a damn 2.4x.

This does not say bad wom for the entire universe.

After Wonder Woman The Dceu will be 3-1 with the G.A.

It's not black and white it's common-sense.

Honestly I could take the time to show you that BvS and SS simply weren't well received by the GA but I've done that sooooo many times on these types of threads that I'm not even going to bother doing it again. 

And yes I know it's not black and white which is why I said "not everything is black and white" and I know it's common sense. You should probably use some of this common sense instead of hiding behind your DC fanboy goggles. 

• Like 2

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

It's pretty clear that Spielberg didn't have much to work with. It's definitely his weakest movie this decade.

I ain't seen BFG but no way it's worse than Tintin

God fuck Tintin

2 minutes ago, DAR said:

That whole last hour in China just dragged on

Last hours in movies feel dragged on especially when one hasn't developed a bond with characters in the preceding hour.

In this case forget a bond, I was rooting for the characters to die off. Was hilarious when the boyfriend gets killed.

My favorite films of this year are Wonder Woman, Logan, Personal Shopper, Colossal and Split. I definitely really enjoyed Alien: Covenant and John Wick: Chapter 2 though.

Favorite dumb blockbuster is still Kong: Skull Island (sorry Futurist, just killed another kitten). All those have fallen in the same B area for me.

• Like 2

As for what I expect to stay in my Top Tens right now, Get Out and The Circle will definitely be in their respective categories of good and shit. My boner for Ridley Scott could keep Alien in the Top 10, but I think there's going to be many great movies to knock it out this year. King Arthur will probably stay in my bottom ten, and PR could as well.

1 minute ago, vc2002 said:

So, how many different topics has this thread been through before turning into "Emmerich sucks"?

uh the usual "how much audiences hate DC stuff", Taylor Swift vs Katy Perry, someone's weird photoshop of a Tele as a slug, best directors list, Eye in the sky, Bay and Snyder and I'm sure others that I'm forgetting already.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, That Covfefe Guy said:

Wonder Woman was very good, don't get me wrong, but I'm not begging for a rewatch as soon as possible.

That's pretty much how I felt about it. I thought it was great but I wouldn't rush out to rewatch it. The length did me in.

2 minutes ago, That Covfefe Guy said:

Bottom 10 of 2016!

1. Roland Emmerich (fuck you)

2. Barry Sonnenfeld

3. Tyler Perry

4. Deon Taylor

5. Thea Sharrock

6. Robert Schwentke

7. Patricia Riggen

8. Duncan Jones

9. Mike Thurmeier, Galen T. Chu

10. David E. Talbert

I actually don't know half those names but Duncan Jones is sadly a good choice.  Warcraft was a bad film.  It was like you don't play the game well fuck off it's not for you

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

As for what I expect to stay in my Top Tens right now, Get Out and The Circle will definitely be in their respective categories of good and shit. My boner for Ridley Scott could keep Alien in the Top 10, but I think there's going to be many great movies to knock it out this year. King Arthur will probably stay in my bottom ten, and PR could as well.

Never say never.  I had The Witch at #1 of the year around this time last year and it got knocked out of the top ten by the end of the year.

3 minutes ago, Empire said:

Tintin is great. :jeb!:

3 minutes ago, That Covfefe Guy said:

Fuck your opinion, Tintin is excellent.

I haven't seen it for a long time but remember really liking it when I watched it. One of the chase scenes out of the market was filmed so cool like an actual ride.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Last hours in movies feel dragged on especially when one hasn't developed a bond with characters in the preceding hour.

In this case forget a bond, I was rooting for the characters to die off. Was hilarious when the boyfriend gets killed.

That was where he got caught between some gears?