Plain Old Tele

What a WONDERful Weekend | WW down only 16% on Sunday. 103M weekend. pg 226

3 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

that friday and sat's actual figure was "disappointing", hope for maintain as estimated number, it could reach $105m with that 

It's not going up anymore.  The official number will be about 103.1...Gitesh pretty much has the actuals.

• Like 3

On 6/3/2017 at 4:39 PM, ZeeSoh said:

Projections based on OD (38.8) to OW multi

Logan  - 2.679 - 103.94 OW

Gotg2 - 2.612 - 101.4 OW

Doctor Strange - 2.61 - 101.3 OW

WW preview to OD multi is 3.52 which is higher than many SH movies. But amongst the movies I looked at it is closest to Logan(3.47), DS (3.47) and CA2(3.62)

So based on these three movies I would say the range for WW is 99-104m OW

Looks like WW will fall within my projected range

If that 103m holds for WW then its OD to OW multi will be higher than gotg2 and DS but lower than Logan. 

The legs for these 3 movies were

DS - 2.75

Gotg2 - 2.6 (projected multi based on 380m final gross. Could be higher)

Logan - 2.55 

Deadpool - 2.74 (valentine sunday inflated the OW so legs are bit shorter than norm)

Based on the fact that it is following logan and DS quite closely so far not only in box office range but also in reception I would say its legs will be close to these movies. 

So my prediction for its legs is between 2.7 and 2.8 which would be phenomenol legs for a total between 278-288 (lets say 275-290 to round off)

PS - Gitesh is giving an OD of 38.2 opposed to 38.8 from deadline. That means a od to ow multi of 2.69 which is almost exactly the same as logan. 

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, redfirebird2008 said:

That and Begins had poor marketing.

Begins also opened on Wednesday.

Begins was coming off of Batman and Robin

No one knew who Nolan was back then.

• Like 2

I was almost by the end when I realized that I put JL in 2018, not 2017. I struggled with the idea of fixing it, but then I realized something: regardless how much JL is Zack's film and it just a film, there's way too much in the line with that film to WB to treat it as "Just a film". So yeah, I want Snyder to get all the credit he deserves, but WB needs to make completely sure that JL is a home run in quality as much as Wonder Woman was. If they are able to meet the November date, amazing. If they don't, postpone Ready: Player One to a later date and reschedule JL to March. While to Snyder is comprehensible to treat JL as just a film, to WB simply it is not. They need to make sure it's brilliant, just like WW, no matter what. If it's what takes is to delay the film's release, so be it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

I'd oppose that. First because there is no novelty there, it already happened with BvS...

But I am talking about a narratively focused, straightforward, well-crafted full-length Trinity film (not 5 minutes of just-ok team up action in a film that is widely perceived as awful). :D

4 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Looks like WW will fall within my projected range

If that 103m holds for WW then its OD to OW multi will be higher than gotg2 and DS but lower than Logan. 

The legs for these 3 movies were

DS - 2.75

Gotg2 - 2.6 (projected multi based on 380m final gross. Could be higher)

Logan - 2.55 

Deadpool - 2.74 (valentine sunday inflated the OW so legs are bit shorter than norm)

Based on the fact that it is following logan and DS quite closely so far not only in box office range but also in reception I would say its legs will be close to these movies. 

So my prediction for its legs is between 2.7 and 2.8 which would be phenomenol legs for a total between 278-288 (lets say 275-290 to round off)

I would suggest not to use GOTG2's figure as it's direct sequel, sequel tends to have shorter legs

3 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

I was almost by the end when I realized that I put JL in 2018, not 2017. I struggled with the idea of fixing it, but then I realized something: regardless how much JL is Zack's film and it just a film, there's way too much in the line with that film to WB to treat it as "Just a film". So yeah, I want Snyder to get all the credit he deserves, but WB needs to make completely sure that JL is a home run in quality as much as Wonder Woman was. If they are able to meet the November date, amazing. If they don't, postpone Ready: Player One to a later date and reschedule JL to March. While to Snyder is comprehensible to treat JL as just a film, to WB simply it is not. They need to make sure it's brilliant, just like WW, no matter what. If it's what takes is to delay the film's release, so be it.

they are not delaying anything. reshoots is part of every movies release date. November 2017 is the release date.

Just now, Cochofles said:

But I am talking about a narratively focused, straightforward, well-crafted full-length Trinity film (not 5 minutes of just-ok team up action in a film that is widely perceived as awful). :D

I understand that Cocho but I really think these three should rise up solo like WW did before they get reunited again, and to hold that to JL, not really a World Finest / Trinity film. I want Jenkins working with Supes/Batman down the road, but that's in JL, not Trinity. JL needs to be an event, and stuff like that takes it away imho. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, baumer said:

Begins also opened on Wednesday.

Begins was coming off of Batman and Robin

No one knew who Nolan was back then.

Oh...I didn't know about the Wednesday opening. So it burned off demand before the weekend, right? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

I would suggest not to use GOTG2's figure as it's direct sequel, sequel tends to have shorter legs

True except in the case of gotg2 its legs are actually quite good and higher than the much more critically praised Logan 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

i say hell yeah to that too. And i am sure it will make a lot of Money. A full on trinity movie with the 3 biggest DC heroes. Pretty sure everyone is up for that. Maybe get Abrams to direct it

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mredman said:

they are not delaying anything. reshoots is part of every movies release date. November 2017 is the release date.

I think they will do ANYTHING to make sure that JL is a home run. And rightfully so. Delaying from November wouldn't be novel (it happened with both MoS, BvS and even WW and Aquaman to a certain extent) and it's not something no one should oppose given the circumstances. If they have to, I'm sure they will.

Edited by iJackSparrow

1 minute ago, iJackSparrow said:

I understand that Cocho but I really think these three should rise up solo like WW did before they get reunited again, and to hold that to JL, not really a World Finest / Trinity film. I want Jenkins working with Supes/Batman down the road, but that's in JL, not Trinity. JL needs to be an event, and stuff like that takes it away imho. 

LOL! I agree. 

At the end of the day, this gives me hope that, when the inevitable DCEU reboot/restart happens eventually, the powers that be will certainly consider a Wonder Woman solo film in their plans, just like they would normally consider Batman and Superman movies.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, miketheavenger said:

The absolute highest I can see WW go with that OW is MoS numbers which would be an excellent result. It's not going to catch SS or BvS, but there is zero shame in that.

Why is that?

Edited by keysersoze123
  • Like 1

Marvel are not going to fool the general audience. Avengers 4 will be seen as Infinity wars part 2. It will suffer that part 2 box office drop.

Except in the films you're trying to reference with the hobbit which was actually a part 1 of 3 after 10 years of no lotr being the only exception it is typically part 1 that suffers the drop not part 2

No audiences are skipping the big event conflict with thanos after all this build up

PERIOD