Plain Old Tele

What a WONDERful Weekend | WW down only 16% on Sunday. 103M weekend. pg 226

13 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

I think they will do ANYTHING to make sure that JL is a home run. And rightfully so. Delaying from November wouldn't be novel (it happened with both MoS, BvS and even WW and Aquaman to a certain extent) and it's not something no one should oppose given the circumstances. If they have to, I'm sure they will.

Why would they want the film to be delayed just because of a few additional add-ons??

The film is nearly complete and only needed a few extra scenes.

Edited by Brainiac5
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

I'd oppose that. First because there is no novelty there, it already happened with BvS and I do think that if at the very least BvS kinda screwed up WW's opening, it deserved to open much bigger than already did but it's not like this film won't have June all for itself, so that's amazing news.

I think that WB takeaways from Wonder Woman should be the following, if they are wise:

- More Patty Jenkins, Gal Gadot and Wonder Woman 2 ASAP.

- Geoff Johns and Joss Whedon working closely together for Justice League. From what Zack Snyder directed to the additional shooting. Take a good hard luck why the acts on WW work and BvS did not, especially the third act.

- To enhance Gadot's role in JL without looking forced. Some tweaks from Whedon/Johns should be enough.

- Ask Jenkins what story she thinks she could tell with a third Justice League film. Let her focus on Wonder Woman's sequel first, keep networking with up and coming female directors for a possible switch up if Jenkins ends up directing the third chapter of the JL.

- Focus on making brilliant movies like WW to get the general audience's trust back. Meaning have a clear focus. I'd suggest going further, in this order:

2018: Snyder's/Whedon's JL, Wan's Aquaman

2019: Reeve's Batman, Zemickis The Flash, Whedon's Batgirl

2020: Jenkins Wonder Woman 2, Raimi's Superman

2021: Cyborg, Reeve's Batman 2, Suicide Squad 2

2022: Zemickis The Flash 2, Whedon's JL 2

:wintf:

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

LOL! I agree. 

At the end of the day, this gives me hope that, when the inevitable DCEU reboot/restart happens eventually, the powers that be will certainly consider a Wonder Woman solo film in their plans, just like they would normally consider Batman and Superman movies.

Reboots of universes are an old DC Comics staple and it is even something that Marvel Comics is playing with. Other than Affleck I can totally see these actors playing these roles for at the very least ten years down the road, and even Affkeck if he decides to play ball and I do think that's possible.

They're not going to delay Justice League because it would leave a massive hole in November which will snapped up by a rival studio. Likewise with Ready Player One, it's Warner Bros' big March tentpole and they're not going to delay it unless they have to

3 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

Why would they want the film to be delayed just because of a few additional add-ones??

The film is nearly complete and only needed a few extra scenes.

MoS and BvS faced delays and they hadn't circumsntaces like it's happening/happened with JL. There's just way too much in the line with JL for them to afford not have JL as a home run. I'm not saying they are delaying it, what I am saying is that if they have to, they will. Just like they've done in the past before and people conveniently forget that. We will know for sure if it's coming in November by the SDCC in my opinion.

The problem with saying a movie "needs to be perfect" is that no one has a pure objective sense of what that means to everyone in the audience. It's not like filmmakers try to make middling or average movies. They'll do the best job they can to the best of their sensibilities, but it's not like time is the major creative constraint in this case. 

• Like 8

Wow, if that actual comes in well over 100. Damn. That has got to be high quality legs. Looking at preview numbers, 100 look almost out of the realm of possibility. We are looking at 9x from previews to total ow. Super high.

3 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

They're not going to delay Justice League because it would leave a massive hole in November which will snapped up by a rival studio. Likewise with Ready Player One, it's Warner Bros' big March tentpole and they're not going to delay it unless they have to

They need to make sure that JL is flawless. My impression and my gut feeling isn't that they are delaying, but they will if they have to. There's precedent for that.

8 minutes ago, JennaJ said:

I'm more excited about a WW2 than anything else coming up from the DCEU. If they make her the central figure moving forward that can only help in my eyes.

As much as I loved WW (and I did), Batman is still Warner's bread and butter.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lestranger said:

Wow, if that actual comes in well over 100. Damn. That has got to be high quality legs. Looking at preview numbers, 100 look almost out of the realm of possibility. We are looking at 9x from previews to total ow. Super high.

It's officially at 103....give or take a few thousand dollars.

1 minute ago, iJackSparrow said:

MoS and BvS faced delays and they hadn't circumsntaces like it's happening/happened with JL. There's just way too much in the line with JL for them to afford not have JL as a home run. I'm not saying they are delaying it, what I am saying is that if they have to, they will. Just like they've done in the past before and people conveniently forget that. We will know for sure if it's coming in November by the SDCC in my opinion.

WB already offered to push back JL but the Snyders decided against it. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, God Emperor Tele said:

The problem with saying a movie "needs to be perfect" is that no one has a pure objective sense of what that means to everyone in the audience. It's not like filmmakers try to make middling or average movies. They'll do the best job they can to the best of their sensibilities, but it's not like time is the major creative constraint in this case. 

You and your sensible posts!!

• Like 3

Just now, iJackSparrow said:

They need to make sure that JL is flawless. My impression and my gut feeling isn't that they are delaying, but they will if they have to. There's precedent for that.

Nothing is flawless. They are not gonna delay it -- why would they? You're creating these false narratives just to set up your idealized hope of what would happen. 

• Like 10

8 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I want nothing more than for it to beat Batman v Superman's $330M total. Justice be served right there.

What justice?

I get the feeling that there's no reason behind you wanting WW to gross more than BVS or SS as it has no chance ,it will not get much more than a 2.7x(2.8xmax)

1 minute ago, God Emperor Tele said:

I completely understand that, Tele. What I'm saying is that they will make sure that they have everything rolling as smooth as WW. If they don't have it by July, they will delay it, like it happened before. And it's not something that people should blame Snyder/WB for, it's just how real life circumstances might affect this film. Yes it's just a film, but it's also WB's possible biggest card for their shared universe. They will make sure that they get it right. It's obvious how much thought and care was put into WW, not just in the scenes, but the final cut itself. I expect the same from WB/Snyder/Whedon for JL.

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Yeah, Justice League is staying in November. Posters are up in theater lobbies touting the release this year. Whedon's only overseeing that the movie gets finished in time for November 17.

Plus, if the initial story is believed, Warner offered to delay JL to Snyder so he could have time off to spend time with his family. Snyder said no, and to keep on schedule and thus Whedon was brought on board (well, technically he was on board doing some writing...)

Edited by TheMovieman
  • Like 2