Plain Old Tele

What a WONDERful Weekend | WW down only 16% on Sunday. 103M weekend. pg 226

3 hours ago, Cochofles said:

So...other than Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2  and Wonder Woman, what other summer 2017 films do you guys see doing really really well (or better than expected)?

Girls Trip

I took it in the top 15 in the summer game.

A film that is not just about women cutting loose, but black women cutting loose.  I think it will do 75-80 million.

Just now, Cochofles said:

So...other than Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2  and Wonder Woman, what other summer 2017 films do you guys see doing really really well (or better than expected)?

Spider-Man Homecoming should be successful but I'm hoping Dunkirk is a hit. 

I think we could see a mini breakout with one of the August releases like The Hitman's Bodyguard.

1 minute ago, God Emperor Tele said:

Nothing is flawless. They are not gonna delay it -- why would they? You're creating these false narratives just to set up your idealized hope of what would happen. 

You just echoed your own comment. This is like trying to soak up a diamond.

3 minutes ago, God Emperor Tele said:

Nothing is flawless. They are not gonna delay it -- why would they? You're creating these false narratives just to set up your idealized hope of what would happen. 

I'm not setting up any narrative. If something changes, we will know by July in SDCC. I'm just saying I wouldn't be surprised.

8 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Needs a 3.2 to get there. Difficult, but still very possible.

Possible but very doubtful.

I want the film to hit 300 domestic but o know a 2.9x is a lot to acquire.

Just now, Brainiac5 said:

What justice?

I get the feeling that there's no reason behind you wanting WW to gross more than BVS or SS as it has no chance ,it will not get much more than a 2.7x(2.8xmax)

Because it would make the negative reception BvS had (making more than half your total from opening weekend can in no way be spun as a positive) even more glaring and how much potential it would've had had it enjoyed a positive (or at least significantly less divisive) one.

I'm not saying anything that hasn't already been said about 165 times....but Whedon is coming in to polish, not create.  The scenes he is polishing are scenes that have already been done, he is just making them a little better.  This is straight from Zack and yes it is true that WB offered to delay it until he gets back and he said no.  That's why a competent film maker like Joss was brought in....not to overtake the film but to make it even better than it already is.  

It's coming out in November for sure.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, TheMovieman said:

Plus, if the initial story is believed, Warner offered to delay JL to Snyder so he could have time off to spend time with his family. Snyder said no, and to keep on schedule and thus Whedon was brought on board (well, technically he was on board doing some writing...)

I think we would have got an announcement months ago had they decided to move it to a later date. 

2 minutes ago, baumer said:

Girls Trip

I took it in the top 15 in the summer game.

A film that is not just about women cutting loose, but black women cutting loose.  I think it will do 75-80 million.

I think Girls Trip is doing $100M+ and will be the surprise of the summer. It's got in a lot in its favor.

• Like 1

Just now, filmlover said:

Because it would make the negative reception BvS had (making more than half your total from opening weekend can in no way be spun as a positive) even more glaring and how much potential it would've had had it enjoyed a positive (or at least significantly less divisive) one.

Yeah. The world needs to open it's eyes and see that BvS could have made more money than it did.

Wake up sheeple!

1 minute ago, baumer said:

I'm not saying anything that hasn't already been said about 165 times....but Whedon is coming in to polish, not create.  The scenes he is polishing are scenes that have already been done, he is just making them a little better.  This is straight from Zack and yes it is true that WB offered to delay it until he gets back and he said no.  That's why a competent film maker like Joss was brought in....not to overtake the film but to make it even better than it already is.  

It's coming out in November for sure.

stop it with you and your facts :P 

27267683.jpg

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

It Comes at Night

Cars

Baby Driver

The House

The Beguiled (if Focus releases it properly)

Spider-Man

The Big Sick (if Lionsgate releases it properly)

Dunkirk

Valerian

Girls Trip

Atomic Blonde

An Inconvenient Sequel

Emoji Movie

Detroit

The Glass Castle

Logan Lucky

Hitman's Bodyguard

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

It Comes at Night

Cars

Baby Driver

The House

The Beguiled (if Focus releases it properly)

Spider-Man

The Big Sick (if Lionsgate releases it properly)

Dunkirk

Valerian

Girls Trip

Atomic Blonde

An Inconvenient Sequel

Emoji Movie

Detroit

The Glass Castle

Logan Lucky

Hitman's Bodyguard

Isn't that pretty much every summer wide release except monsters, robots, minions, and apes?:)  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, filmlover said:

I think Girls Trip is doing $100M+ and will be the surprise of the summer. It's got in a lot in its favor.

I agree.

The creative team behind it are known for hits as well.  Producer Packer and director Malcolm Lee are good with this sort of movie (marketed to a black audience).  So the marketing will be  sure to hit the right beats.

Just now, filmlover said:

Apparently it's going semi-wide in its second weekend (the packed June 30 frame). It's gonna get lost, unfortunately.

:sadben: :sadben: :sadben: :sadben: :sadben: :sadben: :sadben: :sadben: 

Just now, TwoMisfits said:

Isn't that pretty much every summer wide release except monsters, robots, minions, and apes?:)  

I didn't include Rough Night, All Eyez on Me, Megan Leavey, DM3, Amitville, 47 Meters, Wish Upon, Apes, and a bunch of August stuff :redcapes: 

This is pretty wild. 

Amazingly, Jenkins had to fight for that No Man’s Land scene. “Nobody understood what I was trying to do there,” she said. “It was a scene that everybody was like, ‘Ah, OK, but we're doing this cool thing in the town, why are you worried about that?’ I think to some of the people I was working with it was confusing. ‘Who's she fighting?’ [But] it's not about that, it's about her.

”I think they [finally] got it, but I don't know that people got how important it was going to be until they saw the movie.”

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/herocomplex/la-et-hc-wonder-woman-crying-20170605-htmlstory.html

• Like 7