Plain Old Tele

What a WONDERful Weekend | WW down only 16% on Sunday. 103M weekend. pg 226

21 minutes ago, James said:

The 75-80m predictions... :rofl:Also, WOM is excellent is Twitter is any indication. It has a 28:1 pos to neg ratio compared to 2:1 that BvS and SS got on OD.

150M OW is locked then!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

What's funny? 75-80 looks a lot more reasonable than the 120-150+ numbers, especially now that Australia's number seems in line with a 75ish opening. 

Tracking puts it at 95-100 who cares about Australia honestly

1 minute ago, boomboom234 said:

Tracking puts it at 95-100 who cares about Australia honestly

Agreed.

Australia sucks.

Edited by aabattery
and they hate women
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, James said:

The 75-80m predictions... :rofl:Also, WOM is excellent is Twitter is any indication. It has a 28:1 pos to neg ratio compared to 2:1 that BvS and SS got on OD.

That's because there's nothing overly bad to say about the movie and it's also automatically compared to SS and BVS which obviously makes it look that much better. This isn't a movie that people go out of their way to praise and tell others. If anyone asks I'll say it's good but I'm not going all OMG on social media. There's a difference between the GOTG reactions where people weren't expecting a whole lot and got a masterpiece and went and told everyone vs. WW where people were mostly relieved that it wasn't a steaming pile of dung and left pleasantly surprised. Again, not saying bad WOM but just saying it won't be anything special and just the average.

• Like 1

I'm glad people have gotten to watch Wonder Woman now that it's out and I'm glad people are enjoying it. As I've said previously, it was a much more straightforward superhero and blockbuster movie than I would have liked, but it's a well made one at that.

Anyway, hoping for the best with regards to the numbers. As I've said for the longest time, I think it'll come close to the DCEU's averages of $130mil OW, +$300mil DOM, +800mil WW and the reviews will hopefully push it there. Still planning on seeing it three more times.

Just now, Iron Raf said:

That's because there's nothing overly bad to say about the movie and it's also automatically compared to SS and BVS which obviously makes it look that much better. This isn't a movie that people go out of their way to praise and tell others. If anyone asks I'll say it's good but I'm not going all OMG on social media. There's a difference between the GOTG reactions where people weren't expecting a whole lot and got a masterpiece and went and told everyone vs. WW where people were mostly relieved that it wasn't a steaming pile of dung and left pleasantly surprised. Again, not saying bad WOM but just saying it won't be anything special and just the average.

giphy.gif

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, AHepBurn said:

I'm glad people have gotten to watch Wonder Woman now that it's out and I'm glad people are enjoying it. As I've said previously, it was a much more straightforward superhero and blockbuster movie than I would have liked, but it's a well made one at that. My very few issues with the move with very minor spoilers

Anyway, hoping for the best with regards to the numbers. As I've said for the longest time, I think it'll come close to the DCEU's averages of $130mil OW, +$300mil DOM, +800mil WW and the reviews will hopefully push it there. Still planning on seeing it three more times.

No spoilers allowed in this thread even if they're hidden 

Edited by Nova

1 minute ago, redfirebird2008 said:

And tracking put Pirates much higher than its gross. Australia and America have similar box office trends. Pretty ignorant to ignore this. 

It's not an always rule and the numbers we have 80% of SS preslaes with three hours to go shows that this could be very big

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Robertman2 & Knuckles said:

...what does that have to do with THE MAN WHO CAN CLIMB ANYTHING?!

Heh. Having that title in world where people can fly is a little underwhelming. Plus, his super villain name has basically nothing to do with the one thing he's best known for. I mean, I get that he kills people, but shouldn't he have been "Captain Climber" or something?

And then to cap it all off, his head blew up. Poor Slipknot.

Edited by Wrath

3 minutes ago, boomboom234 said:

It's not an always rule and the numbers we have 80% of SS preslaes with three hours to go shows that this could be very big

If presales meant anything then GOTG 2 would have made 200M+ OW. 

• Like 3

Just now, TalismanRing said:

Nova, you have to edit your comment as well before Tele wakes up. B)

Welp that was a close one!! 

Imagine being thread banned for quoting another poster's spoiler tag in order to tell them not to post spoilers. :winomg:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

Nova, you have to edit your comment as well before Tele wakes up. B)

I'm pretty sure someone put a rock on top of the coffin he sleeps in last night so no need to worry about him bringing the ban hammer.

• Like 1