Dementeleus

What a WONDERful Weekend | WW down only 16% on Sunday. 103M weekend. pg 226

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

The Mummy is having shit presales. I was on board the 40M OW train, but I'm here now:

http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/24100-cruise-missile-averted-the-mummy-dom-total-under-the-mummy-returns-ow-club-681m/

Remember when @WrathOfHan thought The Mummy would reach $350M+ domestic, Pepperidge Farm Remembers.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I want 100M for WW, dammit!

Certainly going to be dancing around that mark.  Needs probably $34 mil+ for Saturday, a 22% increase from the true Friday total.  For reference, GOTG had a +16% jump on Sat the first week of August when more schools were out of session.  

I think it gets there: $101.3

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I wasn't interested in The Mummy until it got rated 15 here in the U.K. And the star Annabelle Wallis was so charasmatic on Graham Norton last night. 

Universal has a whole universe riding on its success though. Needs big Worldwide numbers. 

Good that they have controlled the budget. Lets them get over a couple of false starts.

90 dom + 285 os = 375 ww, though disappointing still will be very good compared to the 125 prod budget.

So many movies would love to do 3x the prod budget globally.

Edited by a2knet

3 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Don't be mean to @WrathofHan when you were thinking $45-50m for CU. :P

Touché. But in hindsight I thought it had a good chance due to how barren the family market was. Looking back, $30M-$35M OW might've been best case. Although I was kind of right in that it'd stop a $140M+ OW for WW.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1

MODERATION:

NO SPOILERS PEOPLE. THIS IS FORUMS 101 STUFF. DONT TALK ABOUT ANYTHING FROM THE MOVIE.

• Like 5

I remember when Pirates 2 opened during the 2nd weekend of Superman Returns and people were discussing how Pirates defeated Superman. Now Wonder Woman is opening on Pirates 5 2nd weekend, imagine that what goes around does indeed come around.

1 minute ago, baumer said:

MODERATION:

NO SPOILERS PEOPLE. THIS IS FORUMS 101 STUFF. DONT TALK ABOUT ANYTHING FROM THE MOVIE.

Y'all are slacking on this :lol: I reported a post yesterday regarding this scene from a poster who's said it again since then.

Edited by WrathOfHan

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

Touché. But in hindsight I thought it had a good chance due to how barren the family market was. Looking back, $30M-$35M OW might've been best case.

If you would have kept your WW club at $265M, it would have had a strong chance of successes (assuming it opens to $100M). So then at least you would have had something going for you from this weekend. 

• Like 1

Just now, DMan7 said:

I remember when Pirates 2 opened during the 2nd weekend of Superman Returns and people were discussing how Pirates defeated Superman. Now Wonder Woman is opening on Pirates 5 2nd weekend, imagine that what goes around does indeed come around.

tumblr_inline_ol1jfwNs3Z1qcct44_500.gif

• Like 7

Just now, Nova said:

If you would have kept your WW club at $265M, it would have had a strong chance of successes (assuming it opens to $100M). So then at least you would have had something going for you from this weekend. 

Make it bolder they said. 

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Y'all are slacking on this :lol: I reported a post yesterday regarding this scene from a poster who's said it again since then.

Ive been on vacation for 10 days. Im only checking in for the numbers.

1 minute ago, baumer said:

Ive been on vacation for 10 days. Im only checking in for the numbers.

Hope you're enjoying your vacation! 

But anyways this is all Tele's fault. He's the one that claims to be a god an emperor and yet he's doing a shit job of it :sherlock:

Just now, Nova said:

You could also hope for standard super hero movie legs and maybe your current club will have a chance 

:stirthepot:

You guys are going to shit yourselves when you see my next club.

• Like 1