Plain Old Tele

What a WONDERful Weekend | WW down only 16% on Sunday. 103M weekend. pg 226

12 minutes ago, TheMovieman said:

Hmm, guess mine was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in 1990.

Should've thought about it more. My  first SH movie was a year earlier, Batman. I even remember where, a small theater in a coastal town while my family was on vacation.

1 minute ago, Water Bottle said:

I have no idea what @filmlover has said or why it would be mocking you. I am saying this with genuine sincerity: I really enjoyed and liked Colossal.

we say it because there's one character in the film wrathofMRAn can relate to strongly.

1 minute ago, franfar said:

First superhero movie in theaters was probably Amazing Spiderman, when I was 14.

10 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I'm so sorry

Sorry now? :redcapes: 

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

we say it because there's one character in the film wrathofMRAn can relate to strongly.

:kitschjob: :kitschjob: :kitschjob: :kitschjob: :kitschjob: :kitschjob: :kitschjob: :kitschjob: :kitschjob: 

'Wonder Woman' Shatters Records With $200+ Million Worldwide Opening

Patty Jenkins is having the biggest opening weekend for a female director in cinema history. Her superhero blockbuster Wonder Woman shattered the previous record for a female director by lassoing an estimated $100 million domestic and about the same cume in foreign markets. By Friday, the film had already taken an estimated $86 million in worldwide box office, and predictions for the final weekend cume continue to rise as ticket sales continue to exceed expectations.
There's no doubt the final worldwide box office opening will be right around $200 million by close of business Sunday, and could go north of that number. For now, whatever the precise final numbers turn out to be, you can be sure there's a lot of celebrating going on over at Warner Bros. and DC Entertainment right now, and Patty Jenkins, Gal Gadot, and everyone involved in the picture have every reason to be dancing in the streets this weekend.
Source: Forbes

• Like 5

• Community Manager
Just now, CoolioD1 said:

Totally not Austin Stowell but Tim Blake Nelson?

JK it's probably Jason Sudeikis.

Wonder Woman was really good! My theater clapped at the end. Was almost totally full, despite being a normal movie and an IMAX movie started half an hour later. People were already lined up for the IMAX show when we went inside. 

One thing that made me mad though was we didn't get the Professor M teaser :( Unless I missed it.

Just now, SchumacherFTW said:

My first superhero movie in cinemas was Fantastic Four. Would have been Spidey 2, but the one time we tried to go, it was sold out. 

I also wanted to see Spider-Man 2 when I was 4 but the showing was sold out. Didn't care about Fantastic Four or X-Men as a kid. Also tried to see Superman Returns but that was also sold out, so my first CBM was Spider-Man 3, my second CBM was Silver Surfer.

• Community Manager

I don't remember what my first superhero movie in theaters was: probably one of the X-Men movies or one of Sam Raimi's Super-man movies.

Also my current top 10 ranking of 2017:

1) Get Out

2) John Wick: Chapter Two

3) Logan

4) Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2

5) Colossal

6) Kong: Skull Island

7) Lego Batman

8) Wonder Woman

9) Split

10) Life

So far only top 4 are A-level movies. I will be surprised if Life remains in the top 10 by the end of the summer.

7 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

I watched Evil Dead (1981) when I was 4

Let's just say I had relentless nightmares for years. Kept me from enjoying horror movies pretty much all my teenage years.

My parents let me watch anything, at any age. 

Not sure if that's good or bad :redcapes:

lol ahah ^^

I think it depends of education.

It's not good or bad it's different.

But for example on restropective  i would not let my young (if i had any) watch indiana jones and the temple of doom. Too much dark gloom and weird things in it and some hard scenes to watch. I like temple of doom a lot but it's not for everyone at all age imo:)

JP was the first movie i saw at age of 9 (it's the first and only movie i saw that gave me nightmare for 1 month)

cause in a theater at age of 8 9 it's not the same as home all is bigger louder etc... and even if JP is not a horror movie it has his shock scenes.

Anyway every parents do what they think is better for their child sometimes they re right sometimes the re wrong :)

• Like 2