Underworld 

Kong: Skull Island

John Wick 2

Logan

Alien: Covenant

:sadben:

Logan was really good !!

• Like 1

Tele Jr lasted through it -- in chunks. He and I had to duck in and out of the theater a few times. 

Mrs. Tele really enjoyed it. She insists the most awesome sequel ever would be the Nazis discovering Themyscira: "Amazons fighting Nazis! C'mon!"

• Like 15

1 minute ago, Nova said:

The estimates will for sure have WW over $100M but the actuals will be very very close. 

Why would this be the case? Seems just as likely that it has a better-than-expected Sunday hold unless WB is very aggressive, and if they are it should be comfortably over 100m anyway. 

• Like 2

35 would be down about 10% from Friday

... amazing what good word of mouth and reviews can do.

Last August we were laughing at Suicide Squad plummeting 40% that Saturday night.

Edited by AdamKendall
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, God Emperor Tele said:

Tele Jr lasted through it -- in chunks. He and I had to duck in and out of the theater a few times. 

Mrs. Tele really enjoyed it. She insists the most awesome sequel ever would be the Nazis discovering Themyscira: "Amazons fighting Nazis! C'mon!"

3 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

inb4 he hates it and starts showing signs of an MRA :redcapes:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:redcapes: 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AdamKendall said:

35 would be down about 10% from Friday

... amazing what good word of mouth and reviews can do.

Last August we were laughing at Suicide Squad plummeting 40% that night.

And a good movie.

4 minutes ago, God Emperor Tele said:

Captain America already took care of the Nazis and Red Hugo Weaving though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, God Emperor Tele said:

Why would this be the case? Seems just as likely that it has a better-than-expected Sunday hold unless WB is very aggressive, and if they are it should be comfortably over 100m anyway. 

Because it's Friday to Saturday drop was a few percentages more than GOTG2 (10 vs 8) which also played like a family film so if we use GOTG2 Saturday-Sunday drop WW would come in just short of $100M but even if you give it some lee way it's gonna be close. 

Edited by Nova

A $35 million Saturday would represent a 26% increase from True Friday, which is very strong.

Thur Previews: $11 million

Friday: $27.85 million

Saturday: $35 million (+26%)

Sunday: $26.25 million (-25%)

----

TOTAL: $100.1 million

If RTH's Saturday projection of $35 million holds, and it drops 25% or less on Sunday, then Wonder Woman hits the $100 million mark for the weekend.

Peace,

Mike

• Like 5

• Community Manager
20 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I mean, they're both in my Top 10 and it's not like the year has really started yet :lol: I've seen over 20 movies this year fwiw.

You need to see better movies.

19 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Both were really good :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:.

I've already seen 28 movies from the year but all of them are #mainstream or #casual.

Until Oscar season comes, most of the movies I watch are also "mainstream" or "casual".  It's not like my Top 10 List isn't full of those films. And of those not "mainstream" or "Causal" only Colossal I think has impressed me.

16 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

All the movies I've seen this year

Underworld 

Kong: Skull Island

John Wick 2

Logan

Alien: Covenant

:sadben:

Except for Underworld, not bad picks. :)

35 would be a great #. Pretty sure it can reach 100 no problem with that #, if barely squeaking by.

A 3X multi is a tall order for any superhero film in the summer, no matter how positive the buzz, but I'm still hopeful for a 300M finish. I don't know why but 300M has always felt like my weird arbitrary goal for this movie. It's just like, no matter what you may have expected, nobody can fuck with that kind of gross for a non-sequel.

Thank goodness it doesn't have much competition next weekend! ?