Plain Old Tele

What a WONDERful Weekend | WW down only 16% on Sunday. 103M weekend. pg 226

Thats about a 10% fall from friday plus previews. Little worse than gotg2(8.5%), logan (5%) and DS (3.7) BUT it had a much better preview to OD multi so there is that. 

Anyways guardians and logan both had a 23.7% and 23.1% fall on sunday respectively and both movies had strong WoM and a strong sunday. Same fall will lead WW to 100.5 OW. DS fell in the low 30's on sunday but i dont see this falling that much. 

It needs to fall 25% or less on Sunday to get over 100 million. Any higher and it misses out. There is a possibility that it falls higher than 25% since it fell higher than both logan and guardians which both fell 23-24% on Sunday. So yeah a chance it goes sub 100

Overall I think it will fall in the 22-25% range on Sunday and juuust finish over 100m OW

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ZeeSoh said:

Thats about a 10% fall from friday plus previews. Little worse than gotg2(8.5%), logan (5%) and DS (3.7) BUT it had a much better preview to OD multi so there is that. 

Toldja it wont stay flat or increase today. 

Anyways guardians and logan both had a 23.7% and 23.1% fall on sunday respectively and both movies had strong WoM and a strong sunday. Same fall will lead WW to 100.5 OW. DS fell in the low 30's on sunday but i dont see this falling that much. 

It needs to fall 25% or less on Sunday to get over 100 million. Any higher and it misses out. There is a possibility that it falls higher than 25% since it fell higher than both logan and guardians which both fell 23-24% on Sunday. So yeah a chance it goes sub 100

Overall I think it will fall in the 22-25% range on Sunday and juuust finish over 100m OW

Thank you for writing the analysis that I did in my head when I made the comment way before in regards to it being close lol 

Edited by Nova

WB will find a way to fudge it is it's just short ... if they get 35 today, no way Wonder Woman finishes under 100.

Telling you, if it misses, Warner will "borrow" some money from King Arthur.

• Like 1

Just now, JohnnyGossamer said:

Little surprised it might have larger drop % Friday to Saturday than Guardians Vol. 2. 

Even if it's more of a family film than others, DC films have always been more frontloaded to Friday than Marvel ones on opening weekend, just being this close is quite the accomplishment for Wonder Woman.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Except for Underworld, not bad picks. :)

I had to see Underworld because I have a thing for Kate Beckinsale. ;)

Theres a lot of stuff I'm looking forward to later this year though.  And if Bladerunner shows up at TIFF, we can go ahead mark it down as the year's best ahead of schedule.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, AdamKendall said:

35 would be down about 10% from Friday

... amazing what good word of mouth and reviews can do.

Last August we were laughing at Suicide Squad plummeting 40% that Saturday night.

Yeah but it still got to $325M which was damn impressive for a movie that most people hated 

• Like 1

• Community Manager
2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Such as? Chances are I've seen them.

I've seen 21 movies. The Fate of the Furious is #17. Alien Covenant is #18.  Shouldn't be that hard. They aren't bad movies, mind you, but the two are really average.

13 minutes ago, AdamKendall said:

35 would be down about 10% from Friday

... amazing what good word of mouth and reviews can do.

Last August we were laughing at Suicide Squad plummeting 40% that Saturday night.

In defense of Suicide Squad especially since I was one of those who laughed and trolled at the time and still continue to laugh and troll about it, Friday was the free ticket deal which attributed to that huge Friday-Saturday drop.