Plain Old Tele

What a WONDERful Weekend | WW down only 16% on Sunday. 103M weekend. pg 226

2 minutes ago, MyMovieCanBeatUpYourMovie said:

Earning more than every MCU solo debut film OW would be a nice feather in Wonder Woman's tiara.  

I bet even Kevin Feige would cheer that headline Monday morning.

Never realized deadpool holds that record. WW coming close is good.

7 minutes ago, Alli said:

You are right

Guardians seems to be the best comparison

Guardians of the Galaxy ($11.2M). ..........

Opening Weekend:  $94,320,883

Same multiplier gives WONDR 92.6

One the one hand, since last 3 years things have only gotten more front-loaded (more online advanced sales, more precision marketing on social media, etc)

On the other hand, WONDR could have huge walk up audience and true Friday could surprise.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, raulbalarezo said:

Man of Steel: 21M preview, 12M from special walmart screenings, 9M from Midnight, OW: 116M

If you are going to include Wal-Mart as part of the total preview, then you also have to include it in the weekend total. It was at $128m after Sunday, not $116m.

• Like 1

Just now, UNDERDOG said:

Didn't Fast 8 make less than 11 mil in Thursday previews, and that went on to gross 98 mil OW?

I think WW has a chance of breaking out to 100 mil.

Easter Weekend effect. 

I did not include deadpool since that had valentine sunday which is not a good comparision. Same with MoS which had that walmart thing which makes accurate calculations difficult. 

Based on the multi's i posted above, i can safely say Above 150, above guardians 2 and above SS is dead. 

I would go as far and say 125m OW is dead too. The highest multi from the list of DoFP happened due to memorial day weekend softening sunday drop and reducing rush. And even with that exaggerated multi WW wont hit 125

Friday numbers will make it more clear but at this point i would say 90-100 with 100 being the more likely

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DMan7 said:

Someone above said 20-22M Friday not OW.

Either that person is high off his mind or you misread it because there is no way in hell CU is making 20-22 mil on FRIDAY.

4 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Mojo also doesn't count the $13m Thursday for POTC: At World's End as part of the Friday gross. Batman 89, Batman Returns, Jurassic Park, Jurassic Park 2 are some others with Thursday previews that are separated from the weekend.

I think they handled the Man of Steel Wal-Mart thing correctly given the fact it's a very unusual situation. I do think they should add the Thursday previews into the Friday grosses of POTC3, B89, BR, JP1, JP2, etc.

In that case POTC 3 would be 16-17 M, given the fact that 3 M are still considered as MS.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=2320&p=.htm

At the time the record was 16,9 M (SW ep 3), and the second was Spider Man 3 (9 M) 

Also TF3 (I just noticed I had it at 13,5 M but 5,5 are considered by Mojo als Thur)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

Pretty excellent for it. God I remember when those books were huge when I was in elementary school. Don't know how much they've maintained their popularity over the years.

It's even more impressive that the budget is only 38M! It'll make it's budget back from domestic alone within 5 days.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

Per Deadline:

That's a 20% drop from Wednesday. This weekend isn't going to be pretty for Pirates.

If it jumps 80% on Fri, still only gets 6.1 Friday....21 weekend which is 67% drop from the 3-Day of 63.

5 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

CU is indeed looking like it'll pose some competition to WW. @YourMother

I told you guys.

4 minutes ago, UNDERDOG said:

With a possible 20-22 million dollar OW?

Nope.

Took away some families.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UNDERDOG said:

Didn't Fast 8 make less than 11 mil in Thursday previews, and that went on to gross 98 mil OW?

I think WW has a chance of breaking out to 100 mil.

June previews are much stronger than April.

(Not counting anything out for WONDR, just saying...)

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

It's even more impressive that the budget is only 38M! It'll make it's budget back from domestic alone within 5 days.

There's no way the budget is $38m when you consider other studios like WAG and Illumination have budgets of $60-80m for their films, unless the cast took a massive paycut and the animation was done by the same people who did Sausage Party.

• Like 2

Deep diving into audience stats, ComScore/Screen Engine’s PostTrak shows that 39% attended last night because of their interest in the DC franchise, 53% because it was a superhero movie, while 31% snapped up tickets because they love leading actress Gal Gadot. Even more impressive: a 50/50 split between male and female audience members.

I'm really surprised by that split!

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Filmovie said:

In that case POTC 3 would be 16-17 M, given the fact that 3 M are still considered as MS.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=2320&p=.htm

At the time the record was 16,9 M (SW ep 3), and the second was Spider Man 3 (9 M) 

Also TF3 (I just noticed I had it at 13,5 M but 5,5 are considered by Mojo als Thur)

BOM doesn't count the $3.5m from Iron Man either.  Should be a $102.118m o/w

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=ironman.htm

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Man of Steel's previews were just Midnights and the w/e was Father's Day w/e with a  flat Sunday.

Man of Steel midnights were $9M.

$12M were from Walmart screenings.

$9M+$34M=$43M OD(without Wallmart)

2 minutes ago, Ohana said:

Deep diving into audience stats, ComScore/Screen Engine’s PostTrak shows that 39% attended last night because of their interest in the DC franchise, 53% because it was a superhero movie, while 31% snapped up tickets because they love leading actress Gal Gadot. Even more impressive: a 50/50 split between male and female audience members.

I'm really surprised by that split!

I'm not. This is still a CBM.

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

There's no way the budget is $38m when you consider other studios like WAG and Illumination have budgets of $60-80m for their films, unless the cast took a massive paycut and the animation was done by the same people who did Sausage Party.

Mikros (Canada) is the animator for CU. Surprised the budget is so low.

• Like 1