Plain Old Tele

What a WONDERful Weekend | WW down only 16% on Sunday. 103M weekend. pg 226

1 minute ago, Negative Panda Covfefe said:

I don't think Guardians is a good comparison.  Early August and July previews are much larger than early june, summers only just now starting to kick in.

Next, the NBA final took away a lot of the audience, who may just show up later during the weekend.  

Lastly, this movie is going to skew more female than any other Superhero film, but I don't think in a frontloaded way.  I see it having a better than normal IM even without taking into consideration the muted NBA thursday.

I wouldn't really claim anything to be dead yet, I'd still wait and see.

Flip side is Wonder Woman is far more well known than Guardians of the Galaxy was before the first movie, meaning more fan rush for Wonder Woman in theory. Have to see how these things play out, but somewhere around $95-100m seems likely.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Female driven movies tend to have better legs post o/w but during o/w tend to be more front loaded - unless they're family films.

Sat numbers/bump will give good indication on the family appeal factor I suppose 

Female driven definitely will keep it front loaded on OW since we tend to reserve tickets early and in groups. I already know like 3 separate groups of my girlfriends doing so for Friday showing tonight. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

On the East coast, you could go to a 7 PM show and be back home before end of the first half pretty easily. But I do wonder how much impact the game had. Must have had some impact, especially in Central/Mountain/Pacific time zones. But the flip side is that this probably has more fan rush than something like Guardians of the Galaxy. Maybe the two things (NBA/fan rush) will cancel each other out and they perform very similar to each other over the weekend.

I just don't think most people are doing both. A 7pm showing is possible if you don't care about the first half but most fans I know are likely to do the game and then WW on the weekend there is no game until Sunday night now, but obviously this is just anecdotal 

• Like 2

Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2 from Disney/Marvel collected $1.39M yesterday at 3,871 theaters in second, bringing its four-week tally to $345.7M. Paramount’s R-rated Dwayne Johnson-Zac Efron comedy Baywatch slotted third with $1.34M at 3,647 with a running eight-day cume of $33.2M.

http://deadline.com/2017/06/wonder-woman-captain-underpants-weekend-box-office-opening-1202106462/

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, cheesypoofs said:

Game 1 of the Finals is always the most boring anyway imo. I have the Cavs in 6 and even I knew the Warriors would take game 1 lol

lol at the thought of the cave winning multiple games in this series

• Like 1