Plain Old Tele

What a WONDERful Weekend | WW down only 16% on Sunday. 103M weekend. pg 226

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

lol at the thought of the cave winning multiple games in this series

I still believe the Cavs are winning the series altogether. The Warriors were always going to win game 1. Cavs are winning in 6.

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

Jack, didn't we already go through this with GOTG2?  What was the number for that $180?  $200?   :thinking:

$185m. I still think that $138m is possible though. It'd take this in order to reach that number:

$11m Previews

$44m Friday

$49m Saturday

$34m Sunday

It seems completely feasible to me. Also, the novelty and high praise for this will be way bigger than Vol. 2, at Vol. 1 levels AND Wonder Woman is a bigger and more known name than Guardians was back then.

3 minutes ago, Dragon said:

Woot. Can't wait seeing it tonight

You will love it! It's definitely worth your anticipation I would say. 

5 hours ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

How much more time until we get some preview number from deadline?d

My prrdiction-

$11 million preview

$115 million OW

So Deadpool multi then. Let's hope you are right. You were right about the previews at least!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cheesypoofs said:

I still believe the Cavs are winning the series altogether. The Warriors were always going to win game 1. Cavs are winning in 6.

There is zero chance this is happening sorry. Clearly we didn't watch the same game 1 but not the right place to discuss it regardless. 

2 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

$185m. I still think that $138m is possible though. It'd take this in order to reach that number:

$11m Previews

$44m Friday

$49m Saturday

$34m Sunday

It seems completely feasible to me. Also, the novelty and high praise for this will be way bigger than Vol. 2, at Vol. 1 levels AND Wonder Woman is a bigger and more known name than Guardians was back then.

This is not happening, demand isn't even close to the same levels. 

4 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

$11m Previews

$44m Friday

$49m Saturday

$34m Sunday

GOTG2 had a larger internal multiplier than GOTG (May vs August with school out) and being more well known also translates to be more frontloaded not less.

You're looking for a 12.54 multi in the summer, with 7pm previews and no Holiday w/e for a SH movie...'

Edited by TalismanRing

Just now, GiantCALBears said:

There is zero chance this is happening sorry. Clearly we didn't watch the same game 1 but not the right place to discuss it regardless. 

Just like there was zero chance of coming back from down 3-1 against the greatest regular season of all-time, in which they lost game 1 in that series as well?

• Like 1

Previews are lower this time of year than July/August. Guardians is also a poor comparison. Brand recognition for that was high by time it opened. Some past previews to OW ratios from May and June that are actually relevant.

Finding Dory: 15

Apocolypse: 11

Jurassic World: 11.5

San Andreas: 17

Godzilla: 10

Iron Man 3: 11.2

Given glowing WOM and Finals game effect, I do not see how it lands below any of them, or about $110m for the weekend.  San Andreas was also The Weeknd after Memorial Day. I am thinking 125-145 range is incoming. 

1 minute ago, Arlborn said:

So Deadpool multi then. Let's hope you are right. You were right about the previews at least!

DP had Valentine Sunday (went up by 0.2%)

1 minute ago, Arlborn said:

Deadpool had valentine sunday to cushion its multiplier and insane WoM kicking in after OD. 

This does not have any holiday. As for WoM we'll have to wait till tomorrow to find out

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

GOTG2 had a larger internal multiplier than GOTG and being more well known also translates to be more frontloaded not less.

And you're looking for a 12.54 multi in the summer, with 7pm previews and no Holiday w/e for a SH movie...

Guardians didn't compete with NBA and you are forgetting how crazy Sat-Sun were for Vol. 2. I see that happening here as well. You don't need to prove me wrong, we will know soon enough.