Plain Old Tele

What a WONDERful Weekend | WW down only 16% on Sunday. 103M weekend. pg 226

13 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Did anyone else get this trailer before Wonder Woman over the weekend?

As it turns out, they've made a movie about the creator of Wonder Woman starring Luke Evans and Rebecca Hall that doesn't have a release date yet (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Professor_Marston_%26_the_Wonder_Women). Genius marketing move.

Yeah, got that one. Not sure if it's brilliant, was met with more confusion than intrigue. And honestly, I forgot we got that trailer...

Edited by TheMovieman

1 hour ago, Wonder89 said:

The monday box office for WW can be up to 10m?

Now is 61.5 on MT and 1-2-5 on Fandango

Yup it will definitely be above 10 million on Monday. It only needs a drop of 66.3% to get there. Most SH movies that opened in summer had much better drops than 66 and this has the same summer weekday advantage as them. Only movies that do not open in summer i.e. Logan,DS, gotg2, etc fall in the 70 range. 

Edited to indicate correct drop

Edited by ZeeSoh

59 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Yup it will definitely be above 10 million on Monday. It only needs a drop of 69% to get there. Most SH movies that opened in summer had much better drops than 69 and this has the same summer weekday advantage as them. Only movies that do not open in summer i.e. Logan,DS, gotg2, etc fall in the 70 range. 

This will easily cross 10 million and make a lot more

Wonder Woman actually needs a 66.3% drop or less to hit $10 million on Monday. I hesitate to call this is a "guarantee" or say that it will "easily" cross $10 million, even if likely to happen.

But I acknowledge that words like "guarantee", "lock", "easily" get my spidey-sense tingling, because I find people use them quite liberally. Heh.

Peace,

Mike

Edited by MikeQ
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, MikeQ said:

Wonder Woman actually needs a 66.3% drop or less to hit $10 million on Monday. I hesitate to call this is a "guarantee" or say that it will "easily" cross $10 million, even if likely to happen.

But I acknowledge that words like "guarantee", "lock", "easily" get my spidey-sense tingling, because I find people use them quite liberally. Heh.

Peace,

Mike

Lol for some reason I thought WW's Sunday gross was 32.5 rather than 29.7 hence my incorrect calculation. Thanks for the correction. 

Even with the slightly better drop that it would require to get 10 million i'm confident it will get it. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wonder89 said:

The monday box office for WW can be up to 10m?

Now is 61.5 on MT and 1-2-5 on Fandango

A 60% drop gives it 11 million.  That would be a terrific number.

• Like 1

Top Playdates 4-Jun
all WW

1-AMC Empire 25, NYC
2-Pac Arclight Hollywood
3-AMc Burbank
4-AMc Lincoln Square, NYC
5-Regal Union Sqaure, NYC
6-AMc Metreon, San Francisco
7-Arclight Passdena
8-Arclight Sherman Oaks
9-Pac Grove Staium,Los Angeles
10-Regal Laufman Astoria, Astoria NY
11-Regal Irvine Stadium
12-Regal Atlantic Station, Atlanda GA
13-AMC Garden State, Paramus NJ
14-CM Mountain View CA
15-ST Palladium , San Antonio TX

Top Canada
1-CPLX Scotiabank Toronto, 2-CPLX Cinema Banque Montreal, 3-CPLX Queensway Etiobicoke ON, 4-CPLX Scotiabank Calgary, 5-CPLX Metropolis Burnaby BC

• Like 16

7 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

Yup it will definitely be above 10 million on Monday. It only needs a drop of 66.3% to get there. Most SH movies that opened in summer had much better drops than 66 and this has the same summer weekday advantage as them. Only movies that do not open in summer i.e. Logan,DS, gotg2, etc fall in the 70 range. 

Edited to indicate correct drop

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 fell -74.8% on the first Monday and made $9,862m (did not make above $10m) and that was in May