Plain Old Tele

What a WONDERful Weekend | WW down only 16% on Sunday. 103M weekend. pg 226

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

The Warriors need to sweep so maybe someone will wake up and start to figure out how to put together a team that can compete with them

You don't think teams are trying to compete with them? It's pretty much impossible. They have 2 of the top 4 (maybe 3) players in the NBA, to go along with 2 other top 20 players that perfectly complement each other.

• Like 1

Just now, Jonwo said:

I wouldn't be surprised if WW bucks the trend of DC films falling hard on their first Saturday. 

It will.  Going to leg out more like GOTG.  $100 million+ OW possible, but could be close.  

Previews: $11m

FriDAY: $50m

Opening Day: $61m

Saturday: $70m RECORD

Sundau: $65m

OW: $196m

Dom total: 1.2b

WW total. 1.4b

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jayhawk said:

You don't think teams are trying to compete with them? It's pretty much impossible. They have 2 of the top 4 (maybe 3) players in the NBA, to go along with 2 other top 20 players that perfectly complement each other.

Impossible?

Game 2 on Sunday...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, M37 said:

It will.  Going to leg out more like GOTG.  $100 million+ OW possible, but could be close.  

About as close a foot race between Fat Bastard and Usain Bolt.

6 minutes ago, M37 said:

Even with a stronger female pull I don't see it doing those August /everything's a wasteland for two months except Ninja Turtle legs.  A 3 would be great with all the competition and screens it will be losing.

Edit: Sorry, I misread this and thought you talking about post w/e legs which I think you referred to earlier.

Edited by TalismanRing

5 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

If the players want rings they'll figure out a way.

I just want to see Paul George and Russ play together. That's all I really want

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, efialtes76 said:

Impossible?

Game 2 on Sunday...

Pretty much. I don't see how teams can stop them. You have to pick your poison with them. Either let Curry kill you from deep or let Draymond run a 4 on 3 where 2 of the other players are KD and Klay. Don't know how you stop it. Just gotta pray for an awful shooting night (tough with the amount of guys they have that can shoot it).

• Like 1

This number seems really good to me. I never believed that this could challenge SS's OW, much less GotG2, but it doesn't need to. A 100m OW would keep Man of Steel's total in sight. A Wonder Woman movie beating a Superman movie would already be an amazing success in my book. But even if it doesn't go that high, it will definitely be a big hit and that's really all that we should want.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Krissykins said:

Wait, what were Suicide Squad and BVS preview to OW multipliers, 6-7x? 

Yes but those are bad comps obv

• Like 1