Plain Old Tele

What a WONDERful Weekend | WW down only 16% on Sunday. 103M weekend. pg 226

Just now, miketheavenger said:

This number seems really good to me. I never believed that this could challenge SS's OW, much less GotG2, but it doesn't need to. A 100m OW would keep Man of Steel's total in sight. A Wonder Woman movie beating a Superman movie would already be an amazing success in my book. But even if it doesn't go that high, it will definitely be a big hit and that's really all that we should want.

A sequel is all but locked.

I still think that WW could break $100m, given great WOM, and most importantly, I dont think WW is really a summer release, schools haven't really out in this point....if GOTG1 could got near $100m in mid-of school out season, why not WW break it?

• Like 1

Just now, miketheavenger said:

This number seems really good to me. I never believed that this could challenge SS's OW, much less GotG2, but it doesn't need to. A 100m OW would keep Man of Steel's total in sight. A Wonder Woman movie beating a Superman movie would already be an amazing success in my book. But even if it doesn't go that high, it will definitely be a big hit and that's really all that we should want.

Domestically....this is clearly beating MOS.

4 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Even with a stronger female pull I don't see it doing those August /everything's a wasteland for two months except Ninja Turtle legs.  A 3 would be great with all the competition and screens it will be losing.

I was referring to the Thursday multiplier, but even for overall I'm expecting at least a 3.0x, if not creeping up towards the 3.5x that GOTG posted.  Call it the Bad Moms effect

Edited by M37
typo

I'm happy with $11M...12x-13x multiplier puts this right on my high-$130s guess.  Dr Strange's multiplier would be my expected basement multiplier of 9x+...so I think $100M is the floor, but I'm hoping the NBA was popular and that families are coming out to this (I'm also hoping my theaters add a few last minute prime time showings b/c I think demand is there with almost no tickets but bad ones available Saturday except for twilight and 10pm or later showings)...

Edited by TwoMisfits

1 minute ago, Krissykins said:

Wait, what were Suicide Squad and BVS preview to OW multipliers, 6-7x? 

BVS was slightly sub 6 but it opened on Good Friday (school's out and some work).  SS was about 6.5 - but it has the T-Mobile free ticket previews that probably front loaded it- as well as being summer.

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

If the players want rings they'll figure out a way.

I just want to see Paul George and Russ play together. That's all I really want

I just don't get this logic. You know how hard it is to construct a team anywhere close to the Warriors? The amount of luck/amazing development they got is incredible for them to get to this point. And of course, they were one of the best teams ever last year and added one of the greatest scorers in NBA history. PG13 and Russ ain't doing anything against this team healthy.

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

BVS was slightly sub 6 but it opened on Good Friday (school's out and some work).  SS was about 6.5 - but it has the T-Mobile free ticket previews that probably front loaded it- as well as being summer.

SS also had a 25% Rotten Tomatoes rating...with BvS at 27%...

23 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Deadpool had valentine sunday to cushion its multiplier and insane WoM kicking in after OD. 

This does not have any holiday. As for WoM we'll have to wait till tomorrow to find out

23 minutes ago, a2knet said:

DP had Valentine Sunday (went up by 0.2%)

Of course you are both right(and I already knew that) but barriers like that gets broken from time to time and I'm simply hoping this is one of those times. Going just over MOS would be awesome. We'll see how it goes.

4 minutes ago, The Stingray said:

Tele and Damien Roc's silly clubs were dead on arrival, tbh.

I think Tele has some kinds of weird fetish over his DC movies, what's with the 400M for MOS and WW and all. Not sure what is his goal exactly 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, cheesypoofs said:

Just like there was zero chance of coming back from down 3-1 against the greatest regular season of all-time, in which they lost game 1 in that series as well?

Ummm, Green ain't getting suspended this time and Durant is in the roster. 

You're suggesting that a team that has been annihilating all opponents at the moment, have not lost in the playoffs (13-0), have won 28 games of their last 29 games overall, all of the sudden will lose 4 out of their next 5 upcoming games so "Cleveland wins in 6"?

Did I read this correctly? 

By the way, great number for Wonder Woman. 

3 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

SS also had a 25% Rotten Tomatoes rating...with BvS at 27%...

RT scores don't influence OW that much unless they're seriously negative (see Fant4stic).

1 minute ago, Sam said:

I think Tele has some kinds of weird fetish over his DC movies, what's with the 400M for MOS and WW and all. Not sure what is his goal exactly 

I mean I kinda get it. Both are iconic superheroes (one that has their very first feature) that seem to have a chance to break out, might as well swing for the fences.

• Like 1