Plain Old Tele

What a WONDERful Weekend | WW down only 16% on Sunday. 103M weekend. pg 226

7 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

I just don't get this logic. You know how hard it is to construct a team anywhere close to the Warriors? The amount of luck/amazing development they got is incredible for them to get to this point. And of course, they were one of the best teams ever last year and added one of the greatest scorers in NBA history. PG13 and Russ ain't doing anything against this team healthy.

Won't happen over night. But if the right foundations are laid it's possible. Honestly I'd love to see a team that's just built around hard nosed defense but that won't happen in today's NBA

I don't think MoS is great comp for this for two reasons... One is the Wal-mart ticket deal. But, more importantly, Father's Day was the Sunday it released which results in a ridiculously soft drop.

I do think $100M+ is still happening. Thinking something like $111M OW DOM now. Maybe a little less.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer

20 minutes ago, excel1 said:

Previews: $11m

FriDAY: $50m

Opening Day: $61m

Saturday: $70m RECORD

Sundau: $65m

OW: $196m

Dom total: 1.2b

WW total. 1.4b

Pfft. This is way off. :rolleyes:

It's obviously not going to do only $1.4b worldwide with $1.2b domestic, that'd be ridiculous.

$2b OS, $3.2b worldwide, beating Avatar (sorry @IronJimbo). Now there's a prediction. 

• Like 3

I am watching the last movie this character was in right now. I hope this movie is as good as that movie was at least! That would be awesome.

I can't wait until Sunday, urgh.

On a related note, I wonder how this movie is doing in Brazil, I am really curious about it actually. I hope my screening will be pretty full.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Agreed, some of these multipliers people are expecting is straight lunacy. 

My understanding is that Wonder Woman's previews were skewed by NBA finals. Expecting to be surprised and to surprise by a lot of people.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jayhawk said:

I mean I kinda get it. Both are iconic superheroes (one that has their very first feature) that seem to have a chance to break out, might as well swing for the fences.

If you're diehard DCEU fans though, his club is like the touch of death.

If he dare making some silly club for Black Panther, I'm gonna be protesting and leading the revolution against the tyranny. 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, iJackSparrow said:

My understanding is that Wonder Woman's previews were skewed by NBA finals. Expecting to be surprised and to surprise by a lot of people.

That's my thought too. If they weren't, I'd adjust my prediction down to just over $100M OW DOM. If they were, around $110M+ OW DOM.

Just now, Sam said:

If he dare making some silly club for Black Panther, I'm gonna be protesting and leading the revolution against the tyranny. 

It's an MCU moive.  Tele will only be making Under clubs.  You're safe.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

I am watching the last movie this character was in right now. I hope this movie is as good as that movie was at least! That would be awesome.

I can't wait until Sunday, urgh.

On a related note, I wonder how this movie is doing in Brazil, I am really curious about it actually. I hope my screening will be pretty full.

Nothing will prepare you for this. Seriously.

1 minute ago, Sam said:

I mean, gotta see how the weekend pans out before we know that $400M+ DOM club is dead. Doesn't Tele have Spidey Homecoming doing less than the Amazing Spidey's $262M DOM too?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, cookie said:

RT scores don't influence OW that much unless they're seriously negative (see Fant4stic).

No but WOM does in the social medi age.

Why would this have a better multiplier than GOTG can someone explain maybe I'm mis understanding but GOTG was an unknown property? Sure it had great marketing but it was less known 

WW is a very well known character and was also in BVS already. So this should have around the same multiplier right? Does it opening in June instead of August make that much of a difference? Or is it because of the NBA finals? 

4 minutes ago, Sam said:

His 2014 club killed me :sadben:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Nova said:

I feel like a lot of folks have their expectations for this extremely clouded based on how they personally felt about the film. 

That's usually for a lot of blockbusters 

• Like 8