Plain Old Tele

What a WONDERful Weekend | WW down only 16% on Sunday. 103M weekend. pg 226

4 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

It's an MCU moive.  Tele will only be making Under clubs.  You're safe.

You see the quote in his signature? That's my reply from him threatening to taint and jinx BP. Wouldn't put it pass him. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

That number is good. Will wait for some Friday numbers before I say its great or anything

I'm waiting until Saturday when families will likely attend. Here, the 6pm+ showings are selling well, prior are okay but people are in school and work.

As I said on another forum, to me this is unknown territory as there's no clear comp (unless, of course, it acts like a normal superhero movie).

• Like 2

I mean, we could also talk about how Captain Underpants did about 1/2 the previews of Boss Baby, but right around where Home was.

I could see it scraping past 30M, which would be fantastic given its budget.

57 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Flip side is Wonder Woman is far more well known than Guardians of the Galaxy was before the first movie, meaning more fan rush for Wonder Woman in theory. Have to see how these things play out, but somewhere around $95-100m seems likely.

Partly true, but even with Guardians becoming more well known for Vol 2, the seasonality effect outweighed the awareness effect when it came to preview to OW multi.

I really think a mixture of WoM, NBA Finals, More Woman and Family Skewing (not YA franchise skewing though), and it being early June are going to lead to a stronger IM than people are expecting.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, raegr said:

I'm interested in seeing how Pirates holds up. BOPro predicts a 68% drop. Ouch!

Yeah, it's a rough drop but seems possible given these factors:

• Sunday was boosted last weekend by the holiday on Monday
  • Loses IMAX screens this week
  • Loses other Premium Large Format screens this week
  • Wonder Woman is targeting a lot of the same demographics
  • Like 1

Just now, DAJK said:

I mean, we could also talk about how Captain Underpants did about 1/2 the previews of Boss Baby, but right around where Home was.

$30-35m seems about right. I don't think it'll crack $50m.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

I am watching the last movie this character was in right now. I hope this movie is as good as that movie was at least! That would be awesome.

I can't wait until Sunday, urgh.

On a related note, I wonder how this movie is doing in Brazil, I am really curious about it actually. I hope my screening will be pretty full.

Here in Brazil, critics and audiences are loving and embracing the movie.

Screening was full yesterday. Even a baby was watching this movie, and the girl started crying once the movie ended. :)

I hope you'll love it. A movie with heart and emotion.

• Like 2

Just now, DAJK said:

And reviews for it, only 37, haven't been bad, though the avg rating is 6.6/10.

Just now, JohnnyGossamer said:

What was Doctor Strange's preview number? Logan's preview number? Apologies if both were already provided.

$9.2 for Strange and I believe $9.7 for Logan. 

• Like 1