Plain Old Tele

What a WONDERful Weekend | WW down only 16% on Sunday. 103M weekend. pg 226

9 minutes ago, Negative Panda Covfefe said:

Partly true, but even with Guardians becoming more well known for Vol 2, the seasonality effect outweighed the awareness effect when it came to preview to OW multi.

I really think a mixture of WoM, NBA Finals, More Woman and Family Skewing (not YA franchise skewing though), and it being early June are going to lead to a stronger IM than people are expecting.

But.... the seasonality effect would give GOTG2  WW a lower internal multi not a higher one

Edited by TalismanRing

9 minutes ago, ban1o said:

Why would this have a better multiplier than GOTG can someone explain maybe I'm mis understanding but GOTG was an unknown property? Sure it had great marketing but it was less known 

WW is a very well known character and was also in BVS already. So this should have around the same multiplier right? Does it opening in June instead of August make that much of a difference? Or is it because of the NBA finals? 

Time of the year (GOTG had a large preview number but weaker multi than say Winter Soldier due to it being August), NBA Finals, WW skews more towards Woman, families and older audiences than the other DC movies.

The hype also seemed more WoM based and less fanboy based, which leads to better multis all around.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Eevin said:

Pfft. This is way off. :rolleyes:

It's obviously not going to do only $1.4b worldwide with $1.2b domestic, that'd be ridiculous.

$2b OS, $3.2b worldwide, beating Avatar (sorry @IronJimbo). Now there's a prediction. 

Hey man not funny, don't even joke about this sort of thing. Remember no one is allowed to beat Jim until after 2025 when top 6 highest grossing films of all time will be Avatar 1-5 and Titanic.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Sam said:

If you're diehard DCEU fans though, his club is like the touch of death.

If he dare making some silly club for Black Panther, I'm gonna be protesting and leading the revolution against the tyranny. 

Hell hath no fury like a prayer circle film violated.

• Like 2

Just now, TalismanRing said:

But.... the seasonality effect would give GOTG2 a lower internal multi not a higher one

No, it would not.  GOTG2 came out in May, where previews are lower and so it'll have a higher IM compared to GOTG1 (which came out in the dead heat of summer).

GOTG2 having more awareness and a larger fanbase theoretically lowers the IM, but that was obviously outweighed by seasonality.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Hey man not funny, don't even joke about this sort of thing. Remember no one is allowed to beat Jim until after 2025 when top 6 highest grossing films of all time will be Avatar 1-5 and Titanic.

Why Top 6, why not top 10 movies of all time being Cameron movies?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

You think Avatar 5 will really be out by 2025? :sparta:

• Like 5

Just now, Negative Panda Covfefe said:

No, it would not.  GOTG2 came out in May, where previews are lower and so it'll have a higher IM compared to GOTG1 (which came out in the dead heat of summer).

GOTG2 having more awareness and a larger fanbase theoretically lowers the IM, but that was obviously outweighed by seasonality.

Sorry, I meant it would give WW a lower internal multi than GOTG2 because of the seasonal effect.  It had a 8.86 so I don't get where all these 11, 12, 13,  internal multi projections for WW  are coming from.

• Like 1

Didn't the Avenger got something like 18.7M for Preview and ending up like 207+ OW ?

If thats the case that's like 11x .. so if WW can do that it would put WW at 121M OW ... fingers cross.

1 minute ago, Subzero said:

Didn't the Avenger got something like 18.7M for Preview and ending up like 207+ OW ?

If thats the case that's like 11x .. so if WW can do that it would put WW at 121M OW ... fingers cross.

Midnight previews and it was May.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Hell hath no fury like a prayer circle film violated.

Prayer circle is just that sacred. 

But its also also real sad and painful. Exhibit A: the Star Trek Beyond prayer circle. It's basically a support group. 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I don't know why you take them serious, any post saying that a certain movie will do 65% of avatar total should be taken as a ridiculous joke.:D:D:D

• Like 1

Given the reception it gets, I am thinking:

Thu 11

Fri 35.5

Sat 43

Sun 34.5

124m OW

I think it will play more like a family movie than a CBM. And fact is, a lot of little girls will want to see this. And I doubt a lot of parents will take them to midnight screenings. Saturday should be huge. 

• Like 1

Just now, James said:

Given the reception it gets, I am thinking:

Thu 11

Fri 35.5

Sat 43

Sun 34.5

124m OW

I think it will play more like a family movie than a CBM. And fact is, a lot of little girls will want to see this. And I doubt a lot of parents will take them to midnight screenings. Saturday should be huge. 

Previews started at 7pm