Plain Old Tele

What a WONDERful Weekend | WW down only 16% on Sunday. 103M weekend. pg 226

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

Deadline has been pretty accurate with their Friday numbers as of late. I used to crack jokes about them all the time but they've been pretty decent as of late. 

yep. In the last few months Friday numbers tend to fall around Deadline's range

• Like 1

Just now, PPZVGOS said:

I was right on the money. Wonder Woman's point of reference is Doctor Strange, not the $300M and even $400M some (many) were dreaming about. 

You may be right, you may be wrong, but declaring it off DHD noon numbers is madness.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, ChipMunky said:

A $23 mil OD (minus previews) would be a disaster. Deadline should just... stop with the midday numbers. They're wasting everyone's time.

I wouldn't call that a disaster... If that does turn out to be the #, it could still have a fantastic run.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nova said:

Deadline has been pretty accurate with their Friday numbers as of late. I used to crack jokes about them all the time but they've been pretty decent as of late. 

Still, why trust them if there's still a chance that they're not right?  I'd rather wait for RTH, thank you very much.

Just now, John Marston said:

yep. In the last few months Friday numbers tend to fall around Deadline's range

Yea I'm not saying that's where WW is going to end up BUT what I am saying is that the last few months (starting around March I would say) they Friday numbers haven't been far off from where Deadline projected them to be. So they've gotten their shit together compared to where they used to be, in my opinion. 

As for the other releases:

I won't be surprised if CU cracks 8M. 

Expected drop for POTC after how it's been holding this week. Its gross this weekend will be close to what Apocalypse did on its second weekend though, so that's somewhat encouraging.

lol Baywatch

GOTG continues the great holds.

• Like 2

Just now, John Marston said:

so far even in country's like UK and Australia WW is doing good but not mind blowing. I don't see why domestic will break the trend. Something like a 90m opening would be Great.

Fixed. 

1 minute ago, That Covfefe Guy said:

Still, why trust them if there's still a chance that they're not right?  I'd rather wait for RTH, thank you very much.

Where do you think Deadline gets their numbers from lol 

3 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

A $23 mil OD (minus previews) would be a disaster. Deadline should just... stop with the midday numbers. They're wasting everyone's time.

I'd be in total shock if it's 23M-24M, that would be very disappointing.

4 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

I wouldn't call that a disaster... If that does turn out to be the #, it could still have a fantastic run.

Whether or not the run is great or not, that would be a disaster of an OD.

I got to say, that would be extremely disappointing for Wonder Woman. Barely making more than Dr. Strange despite a much bigger property, crossover appeal, better reviews, and more marketing would be....not very good. This isn't Ant-Man or 2011 Thor. Wonder Woman is an icon in a well-received movie making her decades awaited debut. Obviously I know I have to say that it's a great number and that expectations should be reasonable etc. etc. etc., but meh. I think that anything under 95 is a big disappointment in context (though obviously still great in a vacuum).

But who knows. DHD has been 100 percent accurate for months, but maybe this is the weekend they are wrong. And the Australia projections are wrong. But I don't tend to predict outliers.

• Like 7

Just now, Cmasterclay said:

I got to say, that would be extremely disappointing for Wonder Woman. Barely making more than Dr. Strange despite a much bigger property, crossover appeal, better reviews, and more marketing would be....not very good. This isn't Ant-Man or 2011 Thor. Wonder Woman is an icon in a well-received movie making her decades awaited debut. Obviously I know I have to say that it's a great number and that expectations should be reasonable etc. etc. etc., but meh. I think that anything under 95 is a big disappointment in context (though obviously still great in a vacuum).

But who knows. DHD has been 100 percent accurate for months, but maybe this is the weekend they are wrong. And the Australia projections are wrong. But I don't tend to predict outliers.

This is how I feel. 

• Like 1

YourMother's Early Friday analysis:

1.) Solid start for Wonder Woman, even though it may not reach the $100M many thought, and my under <$235M club may happen, this will help both the DCEU and JL in the long run.

2.) Honestly was expecting more for Underpants but at least with that budget, it'll be very profitable, hopefully they make a sequel.

3.) Damn that Guardians hold. Can it reach $400M?!

• Like 1