Dementeleus

What a WONDERful Weekend | WW down only 16% on Sunday. 103M weekend. pg 226

4 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I have an hot take to make:

Wonder Woman is not better than The Dark Knight.

End of hot take.

Yep. Logan beats The Dark Knight.

• Like 1

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

The correct answer is actually 100% (for the funny book part; there's plenty of better movies than TDK)

Wrong.

Just now, JohnnyGossamer said:

Hotter take... No superhero movie has ever been the best movie released in any given year in the history of cinema.

Wrong.

Just now, JennaJ said:

Since it seems like WW won't rival GOTGv2 for the summer crown. Who is the next top contender? Could Spider-Man Homecoming do it, or Justice League?

SMH will definitely claim the crown, and JL will humiliatingly fail to be in summer.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Hotter take... No superhero movie has ever been the best movie released in any given year in the history of cinema.

Scorching take :

nothing has really changed, most cinephiles/people with high education/critics still see genre/superhero/sci-fi/fantasy movies with a condescending attitude/superiority complex and will still prefer to jack off to the Moonlights and Manchesters of the seas of the world as the beacon of the movie art form, despite the fact that few people saw those movies but hey :

quality>popularity they said.

Edited by The Futurist

5 minutes ago, JennaJ said:

Could Spider-Man Homecoming do it

no

5 minutes ago, JennaJ said:

or Justice League?

That's November, not summer

This summer, GOTG2 is gonna be #1 if it hits like 360-370m. Maybe Despicable Me 3 could challenge it, but I don't think it'll be close. There haven't been enough breakouts

Edited by franfar