kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

30 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

The interesting thing is that there's another incredibly leggy diva's sequel coming out that very month. 

tenor.gif

But Elsa perfectly co-existed with Katniss the last time around, and she may do the same with Wondy if both sequels are received anywhere close to their predecessors. 

The only hitch is the possibility of Episode 9 being shifted to December like Episode 8 this year, especially now that there's no Avatar 2 to contend with. I think Han Solo's performance next summer will be used as a deciding factor for Disney/Lucasfilm regarding Ep 9's release date.

The Frozen sequel is confirmed??? Dammit! They could perfectly coexist, but it's still so risky. :(   Frozen is just too popular and forget about Star Wars (that's just unstoppable). Wonder Woman 2 needs to be positioned in a place that doesn't hinder her potential. Maybe March 2020? May 2020? 

There is an "untitled WB event film" scheduled for February 2020. Deadpool thrived in February, and in 2020, St. Valentine's day falls on a Friday. I could totally see WW2 taking the February OW record, and maybe it could become a date-night event on its first Friday (provided no snowstorm fucks it all up): https://www.movieinsider.com/movies/february/2020

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Cochofles said:

There is an "untitled WB event film" scheduled for February 2020. Deadpool thrived in February, and in 2020, St. Valentine's day falls on a Friday. I could totally see WW2 taking the February OW record, and maybe it could become a date-night event on its first Friday (provided no snowstorm fucks it all up): https://www.movieinsider.com/movies/february/2020

It's probably a WAG film or a New Line film. I think February or April 2020 more likely for Gotham City Sirens. WW2 probably would be Summer 2020 at the latest, maybe the July 2020 that's currently reserved for Green Lantern Corps. 

Early to mid November 2019 would be perfect IMO and WB seem to intent to have DC films in November every other year

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, antovolk said:

Yeah. I was quite amused at how so many news outlets read that Hollywood Reporter article (with Gal and Patty) and proceeded to publish "Patty Jenkins is back for Wonder Woman 2!" headlines left and right, when the article never said such a thing.

6 hours ago, antovolk said:

There is definitely still an implication here about major studios' reticence in re-hiring a woman for a major woman-led blockbuster, hedging their bets.  Most major franchise hopefuls with male directors are planned with sequels in mind (and often officially announced or dated) months before the release of the first film.

But this could also have to do with the reticence within Warner Bros. about the mixed confidence they may have in their DCEU so far...and waiting to see how it plays out before proceeding further (it's indeed pointed out here that the overwhelmingly positive reception took WB by surprise).

Best news in here, though, is the indication that they may invite Jenkins into the DCEU in a consulting capacity.  Based on the results of WW, I see that as overall only a good thing.  I'm betting that most of the "problems" with the film can be attributed to other voices in the process. 

Edited by Macleod

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

If Cheetah is in Wonder Woman II, I wonder how they'll portray it, motion capture seems the most likely method similar to how they did Beast in Beauty and the Beast. 

No idea, but they better cast Jessica Chastain.

Edited by TheMovieman

Question: motion capture is what they did in Avatar, right? At the end of the day, the entire face and body of the character is CGI, correct?  If that is the case, can it be done with practical effects instead? Or would that be too itchy/uncomfortable/allergy-friendly for the actress? I would love to see Cheetah, but the beast in the Beauty and the Beast remake was so fake-looking...I hated that (my least favorite part in a movie that I profoundly disliked).

15 hours ago, Cochofles said:

Question: motion capture is what they did in Avatar, right? At the end of the day, the entire face and body of the character is CGI, correct?  If that is the case, can it be done with practical effects instead? Or would that be too itchy/uncomfortable/allergy-friendly for the actress? I would love to see Cheetah, but the beast in the Beauty and the Beast remake was so fake-looking...I hated that (my least favorite part in a movie that I profoundly disliked).

15 hours ago, Heat Vision said:

Charlize Theron will definitely be a contender for Cheetah. Would be interesting how they bring the character to life. I think they could go the Killer Croc route. Practical + VFX

Cheetah would be fur and make up if they went the practical route and that's going too uncomfortable and too hot especially in fight scenes. The Rebirth Cheetah is how I envision they'll do it if she's in the sequel. 

I imagine they'll go for someone younger than Theron, maybe someone similar in age to Gal give or take a few years.