kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

3 hours ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

I smell a release date bump coming...

I don’t see why that would be necessary. Going by the release date, I’m guessing Joker, is supposed to be more of an awards contender than a box office juggernaut. 

Edit: To be clear, I’m not saying the movie will succeed in getting any awards, but it seems like that’s what they’re shooting for. 

Edited by WittyUsername
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

WB sabotaging WW84 with that Joker movie release date. They have no fucking clue.

I don’t see any reason to assume that some random Joker movie will have any real effect on this film, especially when they’re a month apart. 

45 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

WB sabotaging WW84 with that Joker movie release date. They have no fucking clue.

Totally agree with you, very garbage decision by WB, between Bond, Frozen this movie already has a very strong competition, now also a Joker movie...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Wonder89 said:

Totally agree with you, very garbage decision by WB, between Bond, Frozen this movie already has a very strong competition, now also a Joker movie...

Joker has a $55M budget. By the time WW84 opens, Joker will be a non-factor at the box office (if both even keep their release dates).

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Wonder89 said:

I still have doubts about Bond making that release date. As for Joker, didn't Phoenix say it isn't a "superhero movie" in the typical sense but more of a character drama? It shouldn't have any impact on WW84 on its fifth weekend.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Joker has a $55M budget. By the time WW84 opens, Joker will be a non-factor at the box office (if both even keep their release dates).

But is still a comic book movie about a very popolar and a fan favorite  character of DC Comics, for me the release dates are too close, is absurd

2 minutes ago, Wonder89 said:

But is still a comic book movie about a very popolar and a fan favorite  character of DC Comics, for me the release dates are too close, is absurd

If Deadpool 2 can gross $700M+ releasing three weeks after Infinity War, I'm sure WW84 will be just fine one month after the low-budget experiment Joker.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

If Deadpool 2 can gross $700M+ releasing three weeks after Infinity War, I'm sure WW84 will be just fine one month after the low-budget experiment Joker.

Maybe if the release dates wasn’t so close Deadoool 2 can gross 800M+? Or 900M+?

We will never know how much a movie will be hurt by another, but in this case is absurd that is the same WB that add a competition..and a competition of the same genre...is crazy 

Edited by Wonder89

Part of me is concerned, but Wonder Woman 2 opens 4 (or 5?) weeks after the Joker film. Now unless the Joaquin Phoenix film totally becomes a pop culture phenomenon that captures America and does not let go of the box office, why would WW2 be negatively impacted? 

I don't think the Joker movie will flop, but I think its box office won't be all that either.

4 hours ago, AndyK said:

Joker is going to flop hard.

lol no with a55M price tag and WB's marketing team backing it up,a Joker film,with THAT title,won't flop even if it's terrible.Hell i am inclined to believe that its ow will be in line with its budget or not more.

Joker is a character that is known and loved around the world.People will check it out no matter what.

As for affecting WW8...idk...on the one hand it's a comic book film and it could saturate the market to the point that auiences won't have the crave for a cbm so close.On the other hand,it's a 55M character study not a typical cbm and WW is an even bigger phenomenom now than she was 2 years ago.And honestly the only audiences that overlap with these 2 films is males over 18.

DC could pull special screenings showing both movies...

And i can totally see why WB would want this releasing in fall.It has potential to be an oscar contender (as least Phoenix)and it could really benefit from the oscar buzz...

Edited by TheDarkKnightOfSteel

This joker movie people are soo hung up on might not be what most people think it is. I don't think it's going to be categorized into the "blockbuster" mold people are thinking of here similar to how Venom most likely is shaping up. More like a history of violence type of deal will be going on here I'm predicting.