kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

Since sequels have underperformed this year- outside of Endgame, I am tempering my expectations. I was starting from a DOM of 400 being the floor. Now, I am just keeping my fingers crossed that this explodes. DC is on a roll lately and frankly, with the performance of Joker and Aquamsn since WW, I hope people stop saying that DC films are front loaded. Maybe the days of front loadedness  are over. Now, the movies seem to be appealing to more than just the core base. 

• Like 1

This has the potential to open even over $200 million if everything works out like the first one, with great trailers, and of course if the movie is as good as the first, and presents something new and exciting. Not saying that's my prediction, we have to see the trailer and have a sense of how the movie looks. But the potential is there. Of course we also have to hope for Fast & Furious and Black Widow the month before to not be too big events. :ph34r:

• Like 3
  • Disbelief 1

4 hours ago, Napoleon said:

This has the potential to open even over $200 million if everything works out like the first one, with great trailers, and of course if the movie is as good as the first, and presents something new and exciting.

Even if it hits all these points, no way does it open over $200M

• Like 1

On 10/12/2019 at 8:14 AM, harlequinade said:

I mean if Captain Marvel can make a billion so can this. People are overstating how many people saw CM just because Endgame was next, come on, they could have googled the post credit scene and any links to MCU it had

This is nonsense. 

She was teased at the end of Infinity War. She was the last film before the “Endgame” and released a month before the big finale. 

The weekly drops and increases the closer it got to the release of Endgame directly debunk your theory. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

I saw WW in theaters four times, thrice Imax 3D, once in standard 2D, and was in that WW over Spider-man un-adjusted club.

However I'll check my WW84 expectations very carefully. 

Domestically it'll be difficult to top WW, see Spider-man 2, and on a lesser scale Deadpool 2 and still less Star Trek into the darkness. That first big screen Wondie experience, it was magical that summer, and we can only hope WW84 can bring down the thunder the second time.

common wisdom is that high profile Hollywood sequels will always earn more OS...but by how much? I highly doubt that WW's popularity will carry WW84 over the billion mark. Deadpool 2's slightly increased OS number happened not long ago. 

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

This is nonsense. 

She was teased at the end of Infinity War. She was the last film before the “Endgame” and released a month before the big finale. 

The weekly drops and increases the closer it got to the release of Endgame directly debunk your theory. 

Charming post.

• Sad 1
  • Knock It Off 1

My personal opinion is that this has  decent growth potential overseas if it plays well. I think domestically it’s obvious going to have a bigger opening weekend and could get close to first ones domestic total numbers but overseas the first one only did 409m so that’s why I feel like it has room to grown more in those markets.

This is all obviously dependent on if the movie is received well and the marketing is good etc. 

The CCXP showcase will livestream on twiter: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20191021005733/en/Gal-Gadot-Director-Patty-Jenkins-Set-Give?fbclid=IwAR047y6a8j2ezCCiNCBhrEOJUAPFdh0kTabfWzu7dJrj8QbwAZbqL8d9K6k#.Xa4Cc5LjdXE.twitter

I'm guessing the trailer will be shown on the panel (Dec. 8 ) like the Star Wars teaser

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

First trailer on December 8 live from São Paulo.

The biggest market of the first film in 2017 (behind China) deserves it.

China - $90,498,909

Brazil - $34,622,068

UK - $28,100,000

Australia - $23,400,000

Mexico - $22,500,000

Edited by belblazer
  • Like 3