kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

Pretty damn cool trailer. Thanks in large part to the music, with any luck the whole soundtrack will be New Order. (I know, I know, that song probably won't even be in the movie.)

1 hour ago, Rorschach said:

I can't help but think Trevor's return is somehow related to whatever scheme the Mandalorian is up to. 

They seemed to be suggesting that The Mandalorian was using that Infinity Stone to grant wishes or alter reality or accrue power or something like that. Using it to bring Steve back to life would be an easy and effective way to convey its power and threat to the movie audience.

Decent trailer. I liked the visuals and the colour although as opposed to many here, I did not like the music as much. 

Trailer also doesn’t reveal any plot and doesn’t give away much except that Steve is alive which everyone knew already. 

Kristen Wiig looks good in this and I know she is gonna kill it. But it doesn’t tell us who Pedro Pascal is and what’s his thing. His scenes were confusing. 

Action overall and the slow mo stuff were good too. I liked the full body costume towards the end sans the helmet. 

The end joke is hilarious and will become great meme material. 

7 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I’ve got to say, I’m a little surprised that there haven’t been any comments here about how this movie potentially contradicts MoS and BvS by suggesting that Wonder Woman was a public hero in the 80s. 

Think that discussion came up when the first movie came out, and it was generally agreed that was the best option.

21 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I’ve got to say, I’m a little surprised that there haven’t been any comments here about how this movie potentially contradicts MoS and BvS by suggesting that Wonder Woman was a public hero in the 80s. 

At this point DCEU is in a flux, if it exists at all. I think they are still trying to figure out their overall plan but for now they are focusing more on individual movies rather than a connected universe. These movies may have references to the universe here and there (like in Shazam) but for the most part the movies are self contained. 

They can’t retcon too much but its clear they are trying to move away from the snyder verse and the story line and future that that was intended to set up. 

• Like 2