kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

28 minutes ago, doublejack said:

By this logic, CA:TFA never got a sequel. I don't agree with it, and I don't think there are many that will. The people involved in the project can claim whatever they want, but it features WW and occurs after the first film and exists in the same cinematic universe, so it is a sequel by definition. I guess we could call it a quasi-prequel as well since it takes place prior to JL and the other DC films, but only sort of because it is a WW film and not about the justice league.

Does it?  We don't really know, until we see how the world is relayed and explained in the film, itself... 😉

5 minutes ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

What is the matter with you? Why so pessimistic? We are months away from the release and if I am correct, China’s box office is based a lot of Mouyan (sic) scores. If the movies on the list are shit, they won’t do well. It’s okay if you’re rooting against WW84, but please don’t beat us over the head with it. We get it, you think the movie will disappoint. Move on! 

I think WW is a great franchise, but after the JL flop they need to restart everything (except Aquaman). They need to restart the WW franchise without Patty and Gal.

WW is part of the trinity and will not have a movie over 1B. Minor characters like Aquaman, Captain Marvel and next year Black Widow will have movie over 1B

Edited by Wonder89
  • ...wtf 2
  • Disbelief 2
  • Knock It Off 1

Just now, Wonder89 said:

I think WW is a great franchise, but after the JL flop they need to restart everything (except Aquaman). They need to restart the WW franchise without Patty.

WW is part of the trinity and will not have a movie over 1B. Minor characters like Aquaman, Captain Marvel and next year Black Widow will have movie over 1B

Yeah! Ok... Nonsense! 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Wonder89 said:

I think WW is a great franchise, but after the JL flop they need to restart everything (except Aquaman). They need to restart the WW franchise without Patty and Gal.

Stop concern trolling.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Wonder89 said:

Why nonsense? If this movie not reach 1B is a flop

Joker reached 1B without a single dollar from China! So please spare me the melodrama. We will just have to wait and see. If you’re comfortable forecasting movie performances appearing on lists, then more power to you. Maybe some major studio should hire you to forecast flops, disappointment, blockbusters and the like? Fact is you don’t know how any of these movies will do. None of us do. To suggest WW won’t make 1B based on a list months before release does nothing but show your bias. Again, none of us know. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Macleod said:

Does it?  We don't really know, until we see how the world is relayed and explained in the film, itself... 😉

No, we know it exists in the same timeline. Here are some quotes:

And yes, the Wonder Woman follow-up (which was quickly green-lit by its studio distributor Warner Bros. after its predecessor took in $821.8 million worldwide and set for release in June 2020) picks up with the character after the World War II–based events of the earlier film.

It’s a stand-alone film in the same way that Indiana Jones or Bond films are, instead of one continuous story that requires many installments

I think the terminology they are using is just very bad. They are trying to let everyone know that this will not be like a Harry Potter, LotR or Hunger Games film, where each tells a story but is a critical part of the whole. This film will be like a Fast & Furious franchise film. Yeah, it's connected, but only in the sense that it's the same characters we already know. Everything they're doing in the film will be its own thing, though. It's still a sequel, there's no requirement that all the films in a series need to share plot threads.

17 minutes ago, doublejack said:

No, we know it exists in the same timeline. Here are some quotes:

And yes, the Wonder Woman follow-up (which was quickly green-lit by its studio distributor Warner Bros. after its predecessor took in $821.8 million worldwide and set for release in June 2020) picks up with the character after the World War II–based events of the earlier film.

It’s a stand-alone film in the same way that Indiana Jones or Bond films are, instead of one continuous story that requires many installments

I think the terminology they are using is just very bad. They are trying to let everyone know that this will not be like a Harry Potter, LotR or Hunger Games film, where each tells a story but is a critical part of the whole. This film will be like a Fast & Furious franchise film. Yeah, it's connected, but only in the sense that it's the same characters we already know. Everything they're doing in the film will be its own thing, though. It's still a sequel, there's no requirement that all the films in a series need to share plot threads.

and yet, in the trailer, she's still pining for steve, she has his watch and they have a direct quote from the first movie.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AndyK said:

and yet, in the trailer, she's still pining for steve, she has his watch and they have a direct quote from the first movie.

Sure, but we all know which lingering elements of previous movies Jenkins is dismissing this film from.  That's what she's vaguely referring to.  And yes, it ideally should work in a Bond-ian sense, like any great sequel, where you shouldn't necessarily need to see any previous entry for it to work as a great film on its own...