kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

17 minutes ago, AndyK said:

Wonder Woman 1984 tops the list of most anticipated films on Atom Tickets

https://screenrant.com/wonder-woman-1984-most-anticipated-movies-2020-poll/

That's cool, but doesn't mean much. Most of those movies had trailers drop recently, so they're fresh on the respondents' minds. I'm sure if, say, Eternals had dropped a trailer it would have been above Fast and Furious and Bond... 

10 hours ago, reddevil19 said:

That's cool, but doesn't mean much. Most of those movies had trailers drop recently, so they're fresh on the respondents' minds. I'm sure if, say, Eternals had dropped a trailer it would have been above Fast and Furious and Bond... 

You don’t have to bring it back to marvel all the time. 

of course those films had trailers drop recently, or there would be no poll 😂

Eternals has no relevance in this article, it doesn’t have a trailer. No point making an assumption. 

• Like 4

On 12/25/2019 at 9:46 AM, Krissykins said:

You don’t have to bring it back to marvel all the time. 

of course those films had trailers drop recently, or there would be no poll 😂

Eternals has no relevance in this article, it doesn’t have a trailer. No point making an assumption. 

I'm not really sure what point you're trying to make, beyond getting defensive for some reason? My point is obvious and valid - that poll means sweet fuck all. Had this been the result as of July this year, it would show unprompted interest for all those movies and might have meant something. As is, you have recent trailers or digital/DVD releases for movies within the same franchise, thus skewing any result.

The bolded part in particular is a head scratcher. It's not a poll exclusively for movies with recent trailers, as evidenced by FF9 being there. It's open to the overall release slate. Hell, going by the fact that FF9 is on there without a trailer should mean that's heading for 500 domestic, no? 

I used Eternals as an example simply because there's a very good chance it will be a bigger movie than half of those on that list, thus showing the pointless nature of this "poll". As I said, cool, but just as meaningless as that Chinese one...

Edited by reddevil19
  • Haha 1

Re the accuracy or lack thereof of ticket booking year end polls, Fandango's poll actually predicted the original Wonder Woman being the biggest film of Summer 2017 and outgrossing Justice League, something people in late 2016 didn't seriously think would happen.

Sometimes these polls can be misses and I'm assuming Atom has a smaller polling base than Fandango, but judging by the general reaction to the WW84 trailer, at this point it served its purpose incredibly well by getting people jazzed for the movie, so it's not hard to imagine that this really is people's most anticipated 2020 movie. At least right now.

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Re the accuracy or lack thereof of ticket booking year end polls, Fandango's poll actually predicted the original Wonder Woman being the biggest film of Summer 2017 and outgrossing Justice League, something people in late 2016 didn't seriously think would happen.

Sometimes these polls can be misses and I'm assuming Atom has a smaller polling base than Fandango, but judging by the general reaction to the WW84 trailer, at this point it served its purpose incredibly well by getting people jazzed for the movie, so it's not hard to imagine that this really is people's most anticipated 2020 movie. At least right now.

Looked up Atom's poll from last year. This was the Top 10

1. Avengers 4: Endgame
  2. Captain Marvel
  3. Spider-Man: Far From Home
  4. Toy Story 4
  5. The Lion King
  6. Star Wars: Episode IX
  7. Aladdin
  8. X-Men: Dark Phoenix
  9. Glass
  10. Jumanji Sequel

Wasn't exactly how things turned out, but almost all the stuff that landed here made a lot of money, so it works. Obviously these Atom and Fandango things won't be 1 to 1 to the rest of the year (they poll this stuff in December after all), but I agree with you that these polls generally do point towards what's trending and interesting to people.

19 minutes ago, Eric Laurence said:

Wasn't exactly how things turned out, but almost all the stuff that landed here made a lot of money, so it works. Obviously these Atom and Fandango things won't be 1 to 1 to the rest of the year (they poll this stuff in December after all), but I agree with you that these polls generally do point towards what's trending and interesting to people.

That's actually far more accurate than I expected, as in I can see how the few disparities happened. A weak August/late July really helped propel TLK across the movies ranked 2-4 in that list. If FFH and TLK had their release dates switched, who knows how their BO would have shaken out, especially with their respective reviews.

Glass died by its reviews and poor WOM so no surprise it didn't make the Top 10. Which only leaves DP. Is it possible the bad reviews and crowded marketplace played a bigger role than expected? Did GOT S8 actually kill some people's anticipation to watch Sansa lead a CBM

tumblr_ov5hlyaGY61s5m21go1_400.gif

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Glass died by its reviews and poor WOM so no surprise it didn't make the Top 10. Which only leaves DP. Is it possible the bad reviews and crowded marketplace played a bigger role than expected? Did GOT S8 actually kill some people's anticipation to watch Sansa lead a CBM

The GoT s8 juggernaut will save The Eternals that didn't even make this list, just watch.

hqdefault.jpg

We Got This Covered is a complete crock of shit that will make up anything, and I mean anything, for a click. They've literally spent the last several months going down a list of Disney's animated films claiming a live action version is being made every few weeks. They're just awful.

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Like 7

16 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

That's actually far more accurate than I expected, as in I can see how the few disparities happened. A weak August/late July really helped propel TLK across the movies ranked 2-4 in that list. If FFH and TLK had their release dates switched, who knows how their BO would have shaken out, especially with their respective reviews.

tumblr_ov5hlyaGY61s5m21go1_400.gif

More likely, Glass made the list as the first big-ish movie of the year, and Dark Phoenix already had a trailer.

The only real misses for the list are Joker and Frozen 2. Neither had a trailer at the end of the year, so that's somewhat expected. 

5 hours ago, ElsaRoc said:

The only real misses for the list are Joker and Frozen 2. Neither had a trailer at the end of the year, so that's somewhat expected. 

Both also had the most effective first trailers among 2019 films, when they eventually dropped. 

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Like 2

https://www.thewrap.com/female-led-blockbusters-wonder-woman-1984-and-black-widow-top-2020-fandango-poll-of-most-anticipated-movies/

Hit Fandango's list too #TheHypeisReal

Most Anticipated Movie:

1. “Wonder Woman 1984”
  2. “Black Widow”
  3. Marvel’s “Eternals”
  4. “Mulan”
  5. “No Time to Die”
  6. “A Quiet Place 2”
  7. “Birds of Prey”
  8. “In the Heights”
  9. Pixar’s “Soul”
  10. “Fast & Furious 9”

Most Anticipated Actress:

1. Gal Gadot  (“Wonder Woman 1984”)
  2. Scarlett Johansson (“Black Widow”)
  3. Emily Blunt (“A Quiet Place 2,” “Jungle Cruise”)
  4. Margot Robbie (“Birds of Prey,” “Barbie”)
  5. Zendaya (“Dune”)

Most Anticipated Actor:

1. Chris Pine (“Wonder Woman 1984”)
  2. Paul Rudd (“Ghostbusters: Afterlife”)
  3. Ryan Reynolds (“Free Guy”)
  4. Daniel Craig (“No Time to Die”)
  5. Robert Downey Jr. ("Dolittle")

Most Anticipated Villain:

1. Kristen Wiig as Cheetah (“Wonder Woman 1984”)
  2. Rami Malek as Safin (“No Time to Die”)
  3. Ewan McGregor as Black Mask (“Birds of Prey”)
  4. Jim Carrey as Dr. Ivo Robotnik (“Sonic the Hedgehog”)
  5. Charlize Theron as Cipher (“Fast & Furious 9”)

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Spidey Freak said:

Is it possible DOM may have Top 4 movies of the year all directed by women and starring women? (as Gemma Chan's Sersi was said to be Eternals' protagonist at SDCC).

Imagine if BOP breaks out too. Should be an interesting year.

Soul will break into Top 5.

BOP is not looking like breakout to me. It's looking more like Shazam than Aquaman and Joker.