kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

5 hours ago, belblazer said:

Godzilla vs Kong, Tom & Jerry, Conjuring (and not to mention Fast and Furious and more) were all moved to 2021 so a new date next year is possible.

Feb-April are open, GvK was moved to the Matrix 4 slot in May, Conjuring is on June 4.

Conjuring had some additional filming still to do I’m sure. 

9 hours ago, CloneWars said:

No question. This moves. Tenet's OW is more like $10M. WW84 would probably make $20-$30M OW if it's lucky and more markets are open. Anyway, they might wait a couple of weeks before the announcement, but the biggest tell of a move will be a lack of advertising which I am sure at this point WB is stopping altogether.

The current date is in 3 weeks, so I can’t see them waiting until the week before. I’m thinking any day now, sadly. 

I’m still hoping for a UK release this year, selfishly, I don’t care when America can handle Covid enough to deserve films lol. 

The first one was so heavily dependent on domestic, I just can't see them counting on international to such an extent that it will make up for lost revenue in North America. Not to mention, there's not necessarily encouraging signs throughout the rest of the world either.

Just go to 2021 and stop the constant hoping around (Tenet did that and see how that well worked out). Delaying only a few weeks will mean either you're burning ad money or you're not promoting enough to avoid spending that cash (which, in turn, will hurt the release hype).

May 2021, GvK isn't that huge a headliner right now anyway.

2 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

If WB is going to move this, they need to do it fast. Its current release date is only three weeks away. 

They can wait as long as they don't spend money advertising. I think they want to look like to theaters they are playing ball, so they don't shut down right away while Tenet is still playing.

• Like 1