kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

As much as I enjoyed seeing Tenet in theatres, the studios can't be risking anymore big budget films in 2020. They need to move this and Dune to 2021. I Will Wait so they can earn more at the box office rather than taking a big fat loss attempting to pvod it. Now, smaller flicks like Bill and Ted...get that trash in theatre already. Move Mulan there too. Move Black Widow to 2021. 

18 hours ago, nghtvsn said:

As much as I enjoyed seeing Tenet in theatres, the studios can't be risking anymore big budget films in 2020. They need to move this and Dune to 2021. I Will Wait so they can earn more at the box office rather than taking a big fat loss attempting to pvod it. Now, smaller flicks like Bill and Ted...get that trash in theatre already. Move Mulan there too. Move Black Widow to 2021. 

If the rest of the world has to wait for America to stop being backward before cinemas can open then cinemas will never open. 

Edited by Harry Poppins
  • Like 4

Best Visual Effects: #5 "Wonder Woman 1984"(Warner Bros.) nominees to be determined

Best Makeup and Hairstyling: #13 "Wonder Woman 1984"(Warner Bros.) Nominees to be determined

Best Sound: #13 "Wonder Woman 1984"(Warner Bros.) Nominees to be determined

Best Adapted Screenplay: #20 "Wonder Woman 1984"(Warner Bros.) Patty Jenkins, Geoff Johns, David Callaham (based on the comic "Wonder Woman" by William Moulton Marston)

Best Production Design: #20 "Wonder Woman 1984"(Warner Bros.) Aline Bonetto (production designer), Anna Lynch-Robinson (set decorator)

Best Cinematography: #20 "Wonder Woman 1984"(Warner Bros.) Matthew Jensen (director of photography)

Best Costume Design: #22 "Wonder Woman 1984"(Warner Bros.) Linda Hemming

Best Editing: #22 "Wonder Woman 1984"(Warner Bros.) Richard Pearson

Best OIriginal Score: #22 "Wonder Woman 1984"(Warner Bros.) Hans Zimmer

Best Director: #23 Patty Jenkins "Wonder Woman 1984" (Warner Bros.)

Best Actress: #32 Gal Gadot "Wonder Woman 1984" (Warner Bros.)

https://variety.com/feature/2021-oscars-predictions-academy-awards-nominations-1234764774/

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • ...wtf 1

4 minutes ago, Maggie said:

WB is so slow. Now, Disney got the majority of the good dates next year. This one will also be delayed, but where now?

Next July is pretty empty.

June 25 Venom: Let There be Carnage (Wide) Sony Pictures    

Spring 2021 Redeeming Love (Wide) Pure Flix Entertainment    

July, 2021

July 2 Minions: The Rise of Gru (Wide) Universal   Play
  Top Gun: Maverick (Wide) Paramount Pictures   Play

July 9 The Forever Purge (Wide) Universal    

July 16 Barb and Star Go to Vista Del Mar (Wide) Lionsgate    
  Space Jam: A New Legacy (Wide) Warner Bros.    
  Uncharted (Wide) Sony Pictures    

July 23 The Tomorrow War (Wide) Paramount Pictures    
  Untitled M. Night Shyamalan Thriller (Wide) Universal    

July 30 Jungle Cruise (Wide) Walt Disney   Play

August, 2021

August 6 Hotel Transylvania 4 (Wide) Sony Pictures    
  The Suicide Squad (Wide) Warner Bros.   Play

Edited by Avatree

4 minutes ago, Avatree said:

Next July is pretty empty.

Shang-Chi and Top Gun 2, Jungle Cruise already there. I imagine the corona situation will not be over by then. Putting too many blockbusters in the month is not a good idea

Edited by Maggie

3 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Do you mean June?

No, I meant July - although I forgot that shang-chi is now in July, I was just reading the schedule on The Numbers.

In June, whichever week you pick will be next to Jurassic World or Venom. July has not much after Top Gun on the first weekend. But yes I forgot that Shang Chi has now been moved.

The Batman looks like an October movie if I’ve ever seen one, and as long as the next Spider-Man movie stays there, there’s no way it’ll move to December. 

On that note, this looks like a movie that would fit well in December, but it wouldn’t surprise me if that doesn’t stick either. 

24 minutes ago, grim22 said:

. If it can't make it by Feb, it will go VOD.

I'm sad cos you're right most times. However, this move will not only affect WW84. What about the next Wonder Woman movie? They can't set a VOD precedent. Would people come out to theaters for WW3 if the second one is VOD?