kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

I'd say that this is the one movie of all 2020 delayed films that has the potential, no matter when it appears, to actually do better at the box office than it would have originally.  Wonder Woman seems to engender love and hope amongst her followers...and hopefully we'll be in a better world in multiple ways by the time this is released.  

2 minutes ago, Macleod said:

I'd say that this is the one movie of all 2020 delayed films that has the potential, no matter when it appears, to actually do better at the box office than it would have originally.  Wonder Woman seems to engender love and hope amongst her followers...and hopefully we'll be in a better world in multiple ways by the time this is released.  

That’s a nice sentiment, but it might be just a tad naive. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Macleod said:

Oh...the sweet simplicity and boundless optimism of childhood...how I miss it...

Just speculating, folks, and trying to bring some optimism back. ...You are a cynical bunch.  

I'm not saying this would happen if this thing is actually released in December or even early next year (but neither are probably going to happen, anyway...)

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 2

^That is going to happen, at this point the Theaters have to know that WW84 is the only slight chance they have to avoid bankruptcy so they will take the 3 week window.  WB is smart to do this because there is a very good chance that WW84 is the last movie to make even 50 million in the next few years after everyone goes bust.

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

If that happens at all, I doubt it’ll go to HBO Max after 3 weeks, surely it’d go to PVOD for $19.99. WB has to know that people would undoubtedly pay PVOD pricing for this.

I still doubt WW84 goes that route though, I think the next delay will be to either March or summer 2021. WB already took a bath on Tenet, they won’t be in a hurry to do it again, no matter how much they try to smile through gritted teeth about Tenet’s performance on conference calls.

PS: I know, I know, “cinemas might not survive that long”, but I still think WB will hold out as long as they can on one of their biggest potential blockbusters.

Edited by SnokesLegs

I’ll definitely be disappointed if they go this route as I want to see this in the theatre eventually(hopefully next summer is safer) but it is what it is I guess. 

I guess cause Wonder Woman was domestic heavy they’re hoping for a large amount of rentals(at a premium price, this should be at least $30) or to help boost hbomax subs.